+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baby Bunnies in our yard

Post Likes
    Our neighborhood has lots of wild rabbits runnning around. Seems like our yard looked like a good place for a momma bunny to dig a hole and raise some younguns.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Ha! My kids will like that pic! I've never seen a rabbit nest like that. Thanks for the pic Otto!
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Post Likes
    Don't touch them or get too close. If momma smells you on them, she'll kill them all, and have another litter.

My new neighbor has gotten attached to them, too, and it pisses me off. I've got a beagle who hunts, sort of. He hunts when I give him the chance. The couple years have been tough for him. I got married, had a kid, work lots, and hunt deer more. We bought this house this winter. My back yard, and my two neighbor's yards run together into a big field. Lots of rabbits, and deer too. I've been letting the dog run the rabbits after work. He's really improved his chases, and all the running has made him less of a pest inside.

Monday I met the neighbor for the first time when he asked me to keep my dog off his property. His wife likes the rabbits and doesn't want my dog to hurt them. What an ignorant woman and a whipped husband. Welcome to the neighborhood, I guess. These country folk sure are nice.
    Jason

Post Likes
    I had one about that size.....didn't see the nest and mowed over it, one made it through.....must have had internal injuries though, I care for the cute little bugger but he only made it 2 days.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes
    My Brittany had a couple of those for breakfast today. Nothing lives long in my yard.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bja105
    Don't touch them or get too close. If momma smells you on them, she'll kill them all, and have another litter.

Yeah, like little birdies, leave em be.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I think their momma is the one eating my garden, hmmm

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in