Thread: johnson dx9100

Post Likes
    was looking for advice on learning this control and programming it. i have the control and hvac pro software and a book with info for programming lcp controls but software on hvac pro doesnt seem to match my book thanks in advance

Post Likes
    I am sure your Johnson COntrols rep can provide you with what you need.

HAve you programmed controls before or is this your first time? If this is your first time, well it takes tons of practice and experience. If you find someone who knows how to program already, look at their programs. Just reading a book will not really mean you know how to write a program to operate a system, beyond something really simple.

By the way, I think JC is phasing out that controller. It has been around forever. It being replaced by the FX series (FX05,FX15,etc.) There are nice controllers even though the are just knockoff of the Carel pco2.

If you are getting into programming controllers I highly recommend Carel. http://www.carel.com or http://www.carelusa.com.

Good Luck!

Clyde

Post Likes
    You need GX9100, thats the programing software for the DX 9100. If you are going to be working with the DX9100 it will benefit you to attend the Johnson Controls Institute. They offer 2 weeklong courses. I suggest that you take the first class then spend a couple of months working with what you learn and then go back for part 2. I've taken the first class which was very beneficial and gave me everything I needed for the depth at which I work with the 9100. The class gives hands on instruction in a lab environment with simulators. I chose Orlando Fla., although Johnson offers the class all over the US. Check their website.

If you are used to working with other types of controlers that Johnson offers, the 9100 can be a bit confusing. While the majority of the johnson software languange was written and developed here in the US, the 9100 was developed and written in Europe. Good luck!

Post Likes
    Hey, are you the same Bobby M. that's from Bloomfield,NJ. If so give me a call and I'll give you all the advice you need on the DX. How's Newark Public Schools treating you?

Post Likes
    thanks for replys .not from n.j.

Post Likes
    Sorry, Bob,
    You'll need to get your hands on a System 9100 Tech Manual. You won't be able to pick up much from it, though. You'll need some hands on, OJT and a week at the Johnson Controls Training Institute. At that point it will still take you another year to really get the handle of it. It's taken me 10 years and I still don't consider myself an expert. Good Luck!

Post Likes
    DX-9100 is a great controler for special aplications. You need the specific programing software for this control. GX-9100. There is lots of info on the controler and programing at the johnson site. You will have to purchase, or borrow the sofeware install. I beleive the software package is called Configuration Tools. If you already have HVAC Prto you might already have DX-9100. Check out the following site. Go to controler/digital in the bookmark

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com/

Try to get some hands on. This is a tough control to master, but it offers lots of power

Post Likes
    No plans to discontinue the DX9100.

Goober is correct, you need GX9100 to program.

Mike Patrick
    The opinions stated here are mine and may not reflect those of my employer Daikin Applied.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in