Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    damn dec that is depressing. sure hope you've slowed it down some...you know..smell the roses and all that.

When I was 21 I thought I would be 21 forever.

Now that I'm 39 I think I'm 21.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Re: When I was 21 I thought I would be 21 forever.

Originally posted by spotts
    Now that I'm 39 I think I'm 21.
    In your dreams.
    Anyway,
    Dec finally wised up, good for him.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Well len Happy Birthday, hope you have many more.

I'm 25 but feel older. Most of my friends are older than me, most in thier 30's or more. I just share the old guys point of view better I guess. I had a lot in my younger years that made me grow up faster than others my age. My dad had everybit of my free time on construction jobs from the age of 12. By 15 or so I was leading my own crew during the summer. By 16 I was living with my now wife and working everychance I had, even then customers kept me swamped. By 17 I owned my own construction company and bought my first house at 18. At 21 I married my wife and we had our daughter. Finally at 23 I thought I'd slow down and got into HVAC but I excelled at that too, so now I find myself in position to own the company I work for. I guess I'll slow down when I drop dead.

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 06-24-2004 at 11:03 PM]
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Len

Happy B-day. Enjoy being over a half century old. What else can you do about it.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Originally posted by dec
    I have had that happen....thinking I was older then I really was. I finally had to set down and really figure out how old I really was. I think it was a lot worse when I was younger and doing a lot of work out of town that I realized that my birthday was 3-days ago. It really put into perspective of how much of a full blown workaholic I had turned into and how few of friends I really had being I was engrossed in having a good business and keeping everyone happy. Now that I look back at it ,Im not really sure the trade off was really worth it.It took me a long time to realize that the only people I really associated with were customers,distributors, and my accountant. Funny how what was so important in life when your younger are not as important today. Things change and so do priorties. I never had much for long lasting realationships being I was always working and putting the customer first and in the long run customers come and go but if your not putting as much time in your personal life as your putting in your business,you may not have anyone reminding you how old you are or even when your birthday is either. Sad but true
    Amen!! Been there and done that. I figured it out in time though. Still have my wife of 27 years, and at 52 I am thinking of getting out at 55. Hope for the good life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12