Who's hiring BPI accredited techs in Missouri?

I still have the field test to take, but I've passed the written test for Building Analyst & Envelope Professional. I have been practicing for the field test with loaner equipment from the local Home Performance guys. Having money problems making it hard to take the field test. Is any company in Missouri getting themselves Gold Star ready? And after that, REEP? I checked the Missouri list of Silver Star approved contractors & I only counted 49, and not one of them are ac/heat pump accredited. I'm sure I could cold test for that one. This is my last year with my boss, even if I have to deliver pizzas-too much lay-off time.

okay at he risk of sounding like an idiot!
    what the hell is bpi???????????????????
    is it a leed certification?????????????????/
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    okay at he risk of sounding like an idiot!
    what the hell is bpi???????????????????
    is it a leed certification?????????????????/
    Do a google on Home Star Bill. It's just the beginning of change. BPI is one of the industries in the green industry.

What is HOME STAR?
    HOME STAR is proposed new legislation to create jobs in existing industries by providing strong short-term incentives for energy efficiency improvements in residential buildings. The program will move quickly, with a minimum of red tape, and will act as a bridge to long-term market development of existing industries. This initiative establishes a $6 billion rebate program to encourage immediate investment in energy-efficient appliances, building mechanical systems and insulation, and whole-home energy efficiency retrofits. HOME STAR will rapidly create jobs in both construction and manufacturing, while saving families money on their energy bills. It will build on current state programs and existing industry capacity for performing both retrofits and quality assurance, using federal standards and incentives as a common platform to lower program costs and increase consumer awareness.

Economic Benefits of HOME STAR
    Strong consumer incentives to drive market demand, combined with meaningful standards and incentives to ensure model business practices for installing efficiency measures and verifying energy savings, will ensure that the growing energy efficiency retrofit industry produces ongoing and measurable energy savings while putting Americans back to work in long-term jobs. This provision should also include targeted insulation product consumer incentives to stimulate broad exposure to energy efficiency measures, expand overall retrofit activity while stimulating manufacturing.

Lower Home Energy Bills and a Healthier Planet
    HOME STAR would help Americans pay for cost-effective home improvements with the potential to deliver permanent reductions in household energy bills and significantly scale back our national carbon footprint. Residential energy efficiency improvements covered by the HOME STAR program can reduce energy waste in most homes by 20 to 40 percent, and when combined with low-interest financing, can be cash flow positive as soon as the project is completed. A nationwide initiative to improve the efficiency of America’s 128 million homes would unlock significant reductions in building-related greenhouse gas emissions and generate long-term energy savings for American consumers.

pretty cool!