Smile EPA certification on line?

I didn't know you can get your EPA certification on the Internet? I was going to take the test today but they cancelled because not enough attendance. They credited my account $180.00 for the class. I just saw a sight that was $50.00 to take the exam on the Internet and $25 for a retake.

Hey Vin did you get your EPA cert I got a few techs at work im thinking of introducing to refrigiration I would be nice If I can get it done online what was the website?

Try mainstream engineering. I got a couple of certs from them online a while back.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Are you sure this isn't just for type I certification? They've been doing that online for some time now. It doesn't mean much to have that unless you just work on small appliances..no commercial stuff.

I just googled EPA tests, and found a couple of sites. I took a practice test and failed miserably.

Vin, I'm not 100% positive on this, but I believe you have to take the online 608 for universal at a proctored site. They don't want you doing anything open book for Section 608, which is ridiculous, because my Section 609 (automotive) was an open book test. Go figure.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Vinpadalino View Post
    I just googled EPA tests, and found a couple of sites. I took a practice test and failed miserably.
    After all you learned here ? Better start hanging around some more.

Ya. I think those online are either just core, or core and type I.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I got my Universal Cert. in '94 at the local tech. school after taking the certification course.
    Certification was an all new thing back then and most techs. hadn't been certified yet.

It was not an open book test either.
    It was a no book test.
    It wasn't that difficult just really a lot of common sense stuff with a few technical details throw in for good measure.

You could opt for Type I, Type II, Type III or Universal.
    Cost was the same for taking any test so I figured I'd go for my monies worth, LOL.

That's why I got the Universal but to tell you the truth, I ain't never even seen a chiller.
    I'm not sure they even exist in JawJa, LOL. Unless they've migrated in like Armadillos.

I think it's more for not giving a person an excuse for 'not knowing' the rules pertaining to refrigerant handling than anything else.
    Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law but once you receive certification there's no reason for pleading you didn't know what you did was contrary to the law.
    Most of us don't mind doing what's right once we know what the regs. are and certification will expose you to the requirements.

Besides, who wants to operate outside the rules and regulations ? There's no solace or fun in that whatsoever.
    The reward for doing a thing well... is to have done it.

I studied the 608 online but then had to take the test at a local college with someone watching over me. Here is a site that has excellent practice tests.

The last 4 tests are free to take, and our pretty close to the actual test.

http://www.quia.com/pages/nithvac.html