+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tridium Vykon Alarm Client history

Post Likes

Tridium Vykon Alarm Client history

I have a site where there are lots of alarm history has been saved which I needed to remove from the database..does anyone know how can I remove those alarm history

thx n best regards
    Mujtaba

Post Likes
    In the Alarm DB Maintenance window

Post Likes
    If they don't need it readily available you can rename the APP folder to APPold. When you start the station it should say it is missing and askyou if you want to create it. Yes. That will eliminate all histories.

Post Likes
    I cannot restart the station because its a hospital building n very critical is there any other way?
    Quote Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
    If they don't need it readily available you can rename the APP folder to APPold. When you start the station it should say it is missing and askyou if you want to create it. Yes. That will eliminate all histories.

Post Likes
    Is this an R2 or Ax station?
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not every thing that counts can be counted - Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Its R2 brother...
    Quote Originally Posted by checkvalve View Post
    Is this an R2 or Ax station?

Post Likes
    Here is an old post that talks about how to do this. You can run a query against the appdb to delete the alarm records.

http://www.niagara-central.com/ord?p...ionThread/5322
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not every thing that counts can be counted - Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    this is nice piece of information but I need to know about the acknowledge alarms history..there are almost thousands of acknowledge alarm history..somebody told me that there is a command to remove that but he didnt remember the command.... I already know how to remove the unacked alarms.... any idea??
    Here is an old post that talks about how to do this. You can run a query against the appdb to delete the alarm records.

http://www.niagara-central.com/ord?p...ionThread/5322

Post Likes
    I think the acknowledged alarms are stored in the EVENT.EVENTHISTORY table. If you are just trying to purge alarms prior to a specific date then you could run a query in the station using the database service like this.

DELETE FROM EVENT.EVENTHISTORY WHERE TSTAMP <= '2009-12-31 00:00:00'

note that the timestamp is stored in yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss format.

Otherwise if you are trying to clear out specific alarms then you try running the query and instead of checking for TSTAMP filter on EVENTSWID or one of the other properties.

Post Likes
    I have tried this but it hasn't removed my acknowledge alarm history......

DELETE FROM EVENT.EVENTHISTORY WHERE TSTAMP <= '2009-12-31 00:00:00'

note that the timestamp is stored in yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss format.

Otherwise if you are trying to clear out specific alarms then you try running the query and instead of checking for TSTAMP filter on EVENTSWID or one of the other properties.[/QUOTE]

Post Likes
    I tested this on a demo station and it appears to work for me. I would suggest checking the station output to see if there is an error or the niagara console for workplace pro.

Post Likes
    I have tried by writing this command in the query of database but my server station got stuck then I had to reboot my station...anyreason for that
    I tested this on a demo station and it appears to work for me. I would suggest checking the station output to see if there is an error or the niagara console for workplace pro.

Post Likes
    Did you see an error in the console (dos looking) window that starts with workplace pro? Was there an error in the station output?

Post Likes
    I havnt observe the console window at that time but there were some errors in station standard output window..
    Did you see an error in the console (dos looking) window that starts with workplace pro? Was there an error in the station output?

Post Likes
    Hey brother I hve done it....we can also go through internet explorer i.e [url]http://localhost or IP of server/appdb/queryForm...then a window will open and we can write our command there and execute the command the history alarms would be removed then..thx for ur help br.

Post Likes
    Glad to hear that it worked for you. There must have been an error being thrown from workplace pro. At least you got it figured out on the browser side.

Post Likes
    our technical support engineer of schneider electric gave me the manual about this...the manual has all the description
    Glad to hear that it worked for you. There must have been an error being thrown from workplace pro. At least you got it figured out on the browser side.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in