opinoin on quote so I do not waste other vendor time

opinoin on quote so I do not waste other vendor time

Hi,
    I am a plant manager w/ a long term relationship w/ a repair co. One of my RTU's failed and they are offfering a Trane 17 T std or hi eff, installed for on std and on hi eff.

I HATE wasting vendors time, and calling and getting a price that could be a very low get in the door is unfair to my vendor.

I like this co, BUT I need a way to know if this is a fair quote. Its a drop in, w/ curb adapter from Trane(old was Trane, 32 years!), 16 ft roof, 50 ft in from edge, easy pick and place

Can anyone tell me typical cost or just the sell price on a YCDD211E4Haa Trane
    Thanks, Dave
    Last edited by BaldLoonie; 05-11-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: removed pricing

Quote Originally Posted by cudavid View Post
    Hi,
    I am a plant manager w/ a long term relationship w/ a repair co. One of my RTU's failed and they are offfering a Trane 17 T std or hi eff, installed for 20 K on std and 22K on hi eff.

I HATE wasting vendors time, and calling and getting a price that could be a very low get in the door is unfair to my vendor.

I like this co, BUT I need a way to know if this is a fair quote. Its a drop in, w/ curb adapter from Trane(old was Trane, 32 years!), 16 ft roof, 50 ft in from edge, easy pick and place

Can anyone tell me typical cost or just the sell price on a YCDD211E4Haa Trane
    Thanks, Dave

You're basically asking for a price check on register #3. I can't help ya.
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

yes, but .... if u are a contractor, dont you hate being asked to..

quote jobs you never get?

I really fell sleezy when I call other vendors for what I know to be a price quote check. It wastes their time. I was hoping for some insight via the web.

I am ok on rigging cost, I am fine on recovery, disposal estimating and we own the HV electrical any way.

I am more looking for some idea what the equipment cost is on these units, and is the 2K upcharge in line? ( if you feel its a good idea or bad idea for ugrade, is a bonus as well?. We are in New England area

Thank you for your time, dave

It's not that your consideration for a contractors lost bidding time isn't appreciated because it is, but the price policy is what it is for a variety of reasons. Blind internet bid accuracy could be +/-300% and of little use and only spiral expectations out of control. Quickly.

As a professional buyer in the industry, I'm sure you are aware of SAYLOR PUBLICATIONS and the cost manuals they produce.

It's just like RSMEANS... except good.
    Last edited by btuhack; 05-11-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: removed direct link to saylor

long term relationship....if you trust them give them the job. contractors today arent making gold bars changing out a rooftop. i would bet they are treating you well to keep the work in a down economy. dont overanalyze. i just fired a customer for doing the same thing. why? because before calling someone else he accused me o being a crook. what he found out was that i gave them a cost plus five on the equipment since i thought it was no bid....a deal. i would have gone higher markup if it was to go out for bid. total cost of equipment was mid five figures.