TXV inlet Screen Stopped Up--30 OVE -TXV

I have attached a Photo:
    This is a TXV-Sporlan-OVE 30 Ton--out of a Liquid Chiller--The Old Liquid Drier was a Sporlan 307---The Felt looking Debris--Would it be Possible for part of the Old Drier to have come Loose or could have some Foreign Material made it through the Drier---Anyone Experience this in the Past??
    Thank You.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Maybe the last guy put too much heat to the filter/drier when brazing it in place. I've seen that happen. No nitrogen when brazing...
    "...refresh my memory. When did I start caring about this stuff...?"

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech80 View Post
    I have attached a Photo:
    This is a TXV-Sporlan-OVE 30 Ton--out of a Liquid Chiller--The Old Liquid Drier was a Sporlan 307---The Felt looking Debris--Would it be Possible for part of the Old Drier to have come Loose or could have some Foreign Material made it through the Drier---Anyone Experience this in the Past??
    Thank You.
    Seen everything from rubber plugs that were not removed to dead birds. Moisture and POE oil can create some nasty crap too. One of the reasons why you should look thru a pc of pipe before its installed (even if you just removed the caps from it.)

I can't tell whats in there from the pic. I have had bi flow driers in YORK 6 ton heat pumps come apart in two different units. The stainless that holds the dessicant came apart into slivers and packed themselves into the indoor coil orifice. They were factory installed and were both Parker driers. However, this was years ago.

I have also seen replaceable cores come apart in supermarket rack systems. So yes, it is entirely possible for driers to come apart for one reason or another.
    "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better"

Someone used a gauze type core in a filter can?
    jt

catch all drier

Here is a picture of a catch all drier like the 307. Check out the filter media material.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better"

it lokes like the filter dryer did come apart. had the system ben opeaned or reparied befor