Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,228

    contact info for Macurco

    have a CO detector FLASHING an amber light. ran unit threw test and nothing came up and light is back to solid green.
    Instructions say nothing about flashing. Would like to give them a call but number is out of order.

    model: CM-21A
    make : Macurco

    it has 3M printed on the cover

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    have a CO detector FLASHING an amber light. ran unit threw test and nothing came up and light is back to solid green.
    Instructions say nothing about flashing. Would like to give them a call but number is out of order.

    model: CM-21A
    make : Macurco

    it has 3M printed on the cover
    They can be a pain. If it's flashing amber, then it's a error. Mostly caused by a voltage problem to the sensor. If your 24v is good and you still have one erroring out, then just replace it.


    Normally it's a sensor going bad.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,228
    thanks for the info...thing is 10 months old. If it does it again i will change it out.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    thanks for the info...thing is 10 months old. If it does it again i will change it out.
    How is the voltage to it? They are very picking with voltage.....and you find alot installed with very long undersized wire.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,228
    just one sensor..on its own transformer 18 ga wire less than 40ft. Wired so an exhaust fan contractor is pulled in on ether high CO or t-stat call for cool.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    just one sensor..on its own transformer 18 ga wire less than 40ft. Wired so an exhaust fan contractor is pulled in on ether high CO or t-stat call for cool.
    So the two reds are directly wired to your transformer, with no other connections to you fan?

    Reason I ask....is sometimes erratic voltage doesn't happen until the sensor actually senses CO for fan activation, under certain wiring situations.

    You can check it by activating the CO sensor with a CO kit. We use the kit from Macurco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event