+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where the H___ did summer go?

Post Likes

Hmm

Although we're still busy I can sense a slow down coming in the retrofit side of things. People are still upgrading but there have only been a few failed units to replace. The temperatures here in Iowa have been holding steady with highs in the low to mid 70's and lows at night in the 50's. What's the deal, we should be at 95 degrees with a dewpoints in the mid 70's by now. The weekly forcast shows no days in the 80's yet. I guess I'll be patient and enjoy the 5, 11 hour days before it turns into 6, 13 hour days, and then some on Sunday too.

Anyone else having the cool summer?
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes
    the calm before the storm?!.............been in the 80's here

Post Likes
    I would be happy to trade places with you for awhile. Just until your saturated and had your fill of them long days.

We have heat AND humidity here in central Texas.

Your area would be a soothing change for me and the family.

Post Likes
    I am with you got-ideals.

Been way too cool and wet! (What happend to the "Green House" affect?)

We've been very cool here as well.. Only ran our A/C for 2 days.

Saturday over night temp was 45.

I am worried we will get a big blast of heat in Aug!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mayguy
    I am with you got-ideals.

I am worried we will get a big blast of heat in Aug!
    Yep, me too......bring it on
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes

Here in south Louisuana

Its like being in a tropical rain forest. Hi's mid 90's. Lo's upper 70's. Humidity at a consistent 100%. I'm ready for the snow!! Oh that's right , it never snows here!!

Post Likes
    IGI Same here in Chicagoland. Should pick up soon. At least we're getting all our cleaners done and will not have to reschedule them when the 90° temps hit.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Here in SC it hit early, Same as Rob's weather, been buried in work for 6 weeks at least. The guys are loving the overtime.

Post Likes
    I love it. Getting caught up for a change. We had the 4th warmest spring on record they say. Great to have the cooler temps. Now we can get to May's cleans and stop beating the guys to take more & more calls and installs.

Post Likes
    Been cool here in the motor city as well. Ive been chatting with the local indians to see if they can do anything about it.

Post Likes

Been cold and rainy here for a week.

I actually took a 3 day weekend with the boys and enjoyed it. Yesterday was the 1st day of Summer and never hit 60°! Ph well, 80° today and 90° tomorrow.... Break OVER!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    still in low 80's here and things have slowed down considerably....finally changed transmission fluid in my old truck today though..it's been needing it.....i like the nice weather,but i'm getting a little nervous

Post Likes
    It's been pretty cool in my neck of the woods too (western SD). Kinda nice though! I've been doing a lot of furnace changeouts lately, sure makes it more fun to work in an attic when it's only 80 outside.

I'm sure our hot snap is coming, but honestly I'm not looking forward to it. It gets too dry around here and the hills burn up too fast. Plus I like the melow work weeks, not the no end is sight weeks.

Post Likes
    It's been a little cool here ( a couple of degrees cooler). But it's still in the low 100's.

Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in