Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    Its got balls, ball valves that is.
    What advantage is that besides being just 1/4 turn?

My questions aren't to be critical of it but to find out what makes it better then the Stalker.

from what i understand the holes in the ball valves are not just round holes..they are made so you can "crack" them open and meter the refrigerant in a more controlled manner

I have a ball valve in my charging hose and use that to control flow when charging. The valve on the manifold is wide open. So I guess I'm already doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    I have a ball valve in my charging hose and use that to control flow when charging. The valve on the manifold is wide open. So I guess I'm already doing the same thing.
    About halfway down the page the 2nd link that was posted takes you to is a description of how the v notch ball valve in the manifold works.
    http://www.instrumetrix.com/pages/Di...-Overview.html

I do the same thing you do with the ball valve on my hoses, but a conventional ball valve isn't capable of anything resembling the type of fine control you can get with the type of ball valve in the Paradigm manifold.

Besides, it looks completely different from anything else out there, and won't add as much weight and bulk as other 4 valve and full flow 3 valve manifolds do.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I read through that description.

OK but how much control do you really need? It's not like a charge has to be exact down to a fraction of an ounce. I'm sorry but either I'm missing something here or this is what I call, "the internet syndrome". That's where people analyze things to death and end up making things much more complicated and expensive then they need to be.

If I am missing something then I want to know what it is.

See, now I think you are over analyzing it. I don't even really care about V notch ball valves and such. I want one because it is way different looking than anything else out there, has a double sided sight glass, and only takes 1/4 turn from full closed to full open.
    On top of all that it is a Digi-Cool product, and based on their track record, it is a safe assumption that the functional quality will be 2nd to none.

I suspect that most of us that can't hardly stand waiting for it to be available feal the same way.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    See, now I think you are over analyzing it. I don't even really care about V notch ball valves and such. I want one because it is way different looking than anything else out there, has a double sided sight glass, and only takes 1/4 turn from full closed to full open.
    On top of all that it is a Digi-Cool product, and based on their track record, it is a safe assumption that the functional quality will be 2nd to none.

I suspect that most of us that can't hardly stand waiting for it to be available feal the same way.
    Yup! I dig the shuttle valves, they look like a great feature.
    Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight K. Schrute

no plastic better valves nice site glass are on my list, well at least till I can verify them all by getting my hands on them
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    My questions aren't to be critical of it but to find out what makes it better then the Stalker.
    Digi-Cool was involved with the development of the Stalker but for whatever reason they never released it under their name. I just assume that there was a reason. The Stalker has a nice sight glass as well, but it is a very heavy manifold and the knobs are quite close together and I have the feeling that I will be better served to wait for the release of the Paradigm.
    As you probably noticed Dough Lockhart did not respond at all to this thread. He would have all the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    Digi-Cool was involved with the development of the Stalker but for whatever reason they never released it under their name. I just assume that there was a reason. The Stalker has a nice sight glass as well, but it is a very heavy manifold and the knobs are quite close together and I have the feeling that I will be better served to wait for the release of the Paradigm.
    The thing I dont like about the stalker is the hose holders almost point sraight down and make it a PITA to put your hoses back on when your done using them. My solution was to put 3 yellow jacket 90's on the manifold, so now the hose are much easier to screw on.

All I want is a manifold where the handles don't spin freely or come off in your hands.
    I think this will fit the bill nicely.

I want to look different than the other tech and I think these will do that ...................

any rumors when this Paradigm manifold will be released? I need it to attach my new digicool 1250.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast