Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Capillary Tube

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    So I check it out. First I check the coils and notice a wiring mess behind the evap panel. So I clean it all up. I fire it up. It runs a 190 head, but suction drops down to 7psi. Then it slowly climbs and compressor shuts down on internal overload. I think it's a clogged cap tube.
    Slowly climbs? You should have felt around a little. Was the condenser at ambient temp over most of it's surface?

I think you have a bad compressor.

It takes some experience to consistently properly diagnose the differences between cap restriction, inefficient compressor, and low charge. Some companies make it a habit that anytime they find a cap tube restriction (or what they think is a cap tube restriction), they change the cap tube, compressor, and drier. This will solve the problem since they have addressed everything, including a possible short charge.

Oh, and there is a way to size a cap tube on the fly with the system open. Read the last two pages: http://www.supco.com/images/pdfs/Man...g%20Manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Google this

CPSTLJ2

I dont know if supco will clean clogged caps , it may make it worse because it loosens debris wherever its found.

Its basically kerosene

Your best bet is to replace drier , and cut out 5 inches of cap tube because thats usually where they clog

Cut drier open to see what the problem was..... Wax build up , or drier self destructed internally

If it was wax , then you need to keep cond coil clean because its getting too hot
    Thankyou for the advise. Very helpful.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345