Thread: General Public

I am regular citizen/customer. I have to disagree that we always go for the lowest price. Look at automobiles, a cup of coffee and electronic devices. we don't always buy the cheapest thing. Even when it comes to services like hotel stays we want a good value for our dollar. Please educate the public on how to recognize the Hack vs the qualified professional and the benefits of having the professional vs the Hack. We take the lowest bid if we think the service is the same. Who wouldn't? I am looking for HVAC installs for 2 single family homes in ST Louis. Can you please tell me who can do the job correctly? I read your messageboard and while educating it was terrifying, especially reading about how the installs seem to be horrible a good majority of the time. Thanks

I try to educate and some times it works and others it does not. I agree if some one can find the value in what we are selling then it should be a no brainer but for the most part what we find people wanting is something that blows cold air. They don't care how it works or what makes it work or even how it looks half the time as far as color or design. They just want cold and hot air when they push a button. 1 out of around 10 customers actually will be able to see the value of what we do. Every one else just wants it done. Fortunately at my company things aren't so drastic ass 1 - 10 but it is more like 1 - 3. Still an up hill battle. I also try not to bad mouth other companies brands and individuals who work in this profession. Telling a H/O that they get junk when they go cheap really does not add a whole lot of value to what I am selling. "I am charging 2,000 more so there for I am better and do a better job". Now it does not always come out close to that but it may feel like that to a customer when they interpert it.

Originally posted by karlknight
    I am regular citizen/customer.
    How do we know you ain't a foreign psychotic, serial killer who is currently institutionalized in a maximum security facility in New Jersey?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Karl there is a lot of money available at the state level to "actively educate the consumer". One person can gain a lot of political power by greedily hording this money just to make himself look better. There are checks and balances in place to keep this from happening but it doesn't seem they are working in Texas anyway. I bet other states are similar.

I predict this will all come to a halt when the good ol spotlight is brought out. Which state shall we start with? Hmmm...
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Karl, you just need to use your common sense.

Hmmmm I wonder how this guy can do it so much cheaper than the rest?

If you are in Jersey under Maximum Security. Say hello to Dice for us. He's the one with the goat.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Please educate the public on how to recognize the Hack vs the qualified professional and the benefits of having the professional vs the Hack.
    We may not be around to do that if things continue the way they're going. There will be nobody left but hacks if it's no longer profitable to run a legitimate hvac business.

It's a no-brainer. What young person is going to spend money to go to hvac school to get a job which doesn't pay enough to support himself, or much less, a family.

At that point hvac tech schools will no longer be a viable business either.

Meanwhile, the equipment being manufactured becomes increasingly higher tech.

I am regular citizen/customer. I have to disagree that we always go for the lowest price. Look at automobiles, a cup of coffee and electronic devices. we don't always buy the cheapest thing. Even when it comes to services like hotel stays we want a good value for our dollar. Please educate the public on how to recognize the Hack vs the qualified professional and the benefits of having the professional vs the Hack. We take the lowest bid if we think the service is the same. Who wouldn't? I am looking for HVAC installs for 2 single family homes in ST Louis. Can you please tell me who can do the job correctly? I read your messageboard and while educating it was terrifying, especially reading about how the installs seem to be horrible a good majority of the time. Thanks
    There is a member on here from St. Louis. He may be able to help. He may run accross this in a day or so.

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 06-20-2004 at 02:59 AM]
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.