Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 98
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    21
    VTP99,
    Yeah I understand how things out there alright men hope Gary come back and tell us. Thanks...

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    21
    JettaKnight,
    Yes it can happen my friend

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettaknight View Post
    I remember once where the unit was rated for 208v or 240v. The transformer had spade connectors that could be set for either voltage. Same problem as the OP described was happening. Turned out it was the transformer. 208v was supplied but the transformer was wired for 240v. Not enough voltage to pull in the contactors.

    However this one is a 12 ton so its probably 208 or 575 3ph. I'd still be looking at the transformer...
    Jetta,
    It's a 10 ton unit 012 equals 10 ton by Carrier's nomenclature. ( It's a carrier thing ) Your right about the trasformer line taps. I see that mistake often. Also i believe he said it was 480 volt 3 phase.

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Sd,
    Time put a shout out for Gary in Tulsa but so far no post yet. Sometimes you get that here. No end to the story It was Gary in post #1 that was pushing the contactors in.
    Time,
    Did you dig up a old board to bench test ?
    I'm hoping to find one on an upcoming changeout.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  5. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,724
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Sd,
    Time put a shout out for Gary in Tulsa but so far no post yet. Sometimes you get that here. No end to the story It was Gary in post #1 that was pushing the contactors in.
    Time,
    Did you dig up a old board to bench test ?
    With all the tornadoes out there in OKlahoma maybe that RTU is not on the roof still and Gary is OK no pun intended.
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,624
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    With all the tornadoes out there in OKlahoma maybe that RTU is not on the roof still and Gary is OK no pun intended.
    thegoodlistener,
    I haven't been watching the weather channel lately. Any of those tornadoes touch down by you ? Those things will put the fear of god in ya.

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,724
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    thegoodlistener,
    I haven't been watching the weather channel lately. Any of those tornadoes touch down by you ? Those things will put the fear of god in ya.
    We had a F1 hit my small east Texas town about 3 weeks ago. It didn't hurt anybody but it messed up lots of roofs and older buildings. Plus it really messed up my favorite DQ.
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,624
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    We had a F1 hit my small east Texas town about 3 weeks ago. It didn't hurt anybody but it messed up lots of roofs and older buildings. Plus it really messed up my favorite DQ.
    What no more Tin Roof no pun intended.

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    We had a F1 hit my small east Texas town about 3 weeks ago. It didn't hurt anybody but it messed up lots of roofs and older buildings. Plus it really messed up my favorite DQ.
    Mmmmm. DQ.

    I think I should go out and get a hot fudge sundae after my exam today....
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  10. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,624
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Mmmmm. DQ.

    I think I should go out and get a hot fudge sundae after my exam today....
    I read that in the other thread. I have been delaying that test myself because of all the jokes associated with it. Hope all goes well for you and ya might think twice about fudge after that test.

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I read that in the other thread. I have been delaying that test myself because of all the jokes associated with it. Hope all goes well for you and ya might think twice about fudge after that test.

    LOL!!

    I'm going to have a real meal first, trust me. I haven't had food since Tuesday night.

    This is my third exam in eight years. The jet co insurance paid for the the first two. This one is out of pocket, since my current co has no health insurance. One of our guys had a heart attack, so we can't afford to insure the rest of us.

    Even so, I'm glad that I can pay for this and have it available, rather than have it be free, and not be able to get the care.

    I usually tell the Doc that if he finds Jimmy Hoffa, I want the book and movie rights.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  12. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,321
    1) No problems found

    2) Nice steak at Outback.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  13. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,321
    Quote Originally Posted by sdtech View Post
    VTP99,
    Yeah I understand how things out there alright men hope Gary come back and tell us. Thanks...
    Okay, back to the thread.

    Gary, give us an update.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event