+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is white roger thermostat a good product

Post Likes
    I need to replace the thermostat what is a good one.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tonyk
    I need to replace the thermostat what is a good one.
    White Rogers is the only kind we sell. We go through a case of them a week. F29 series

Post Likes
    hi I agree with the white rogers t-stats. we have put in white rogers, robersshaw, and honeywell. I think the white rogers digital non-programmable t-stats work great. I also like the honeywell digital that operates off of the 24volt side of the transformer no batteries required for this one. you can buy them at any supply house.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

1f80-261 so far we are problem free ater 100 installed

Post Likes

W/R thermostats

We use only W/R stats. I think they have made a commitment to the industry that is unmatched. Although I do like the new talking thermostats I don't yet know how dependable they are.

Post Likes

Re: W/R thermostats

Originally posted by hal parker
    We use only W/R stats. I think they have made a commitment to the industry that is unmatched. Although I do like the new talking thermostats I don't yet know how dependable they are.
    My talking thermostat I had for years. "How come its cold in here. Turn up the thermostat, turn down the thermostat, blah blah balh...."

Post Likes
    Originally posted by heat411
    1f80-261 so far we are problem free ater 100 installed
    Ditto!! Love that stat. Wish the Honeywell digital on my house would die so I could put one on there. Seeing room temp only on the Honeywells just drives me nuts. The battery holders in the Honeywells suck too.

My vote for the very worst digital is a 3 way tie between Maple Chase (now Robertshaw) (same sh*t different day), Hunter and Lux.

Post Likes

LUX AND HUNTER $$$$$$

HEY DONT TALK ABOUT LUX AND HUNTER DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY I MAKE FROM HOME OWNER PUTTING UP THOSE STATS !!!!

Post Likes
    I'll piggy back this post. I am in the process of changing to a different brand of electronic non-programmable thermostat for service that need the following features:

24 volt system powered
    Non-programmable
    Auto change-over
    dry contacts if possible
    Higher amperage ratings on contacts
    Can be configured for 2heat/2cool & heat pump
    Remote bulb sensor possible

I use to use Honeywell but expense and trouble kept popping up. Then I went to the commercial rated Hadco T'stats with great success but just had 3 fail after 3 years and a few other minor problems.

I am looking for a commercial rated T'stat, whatever that means, that I use for high end properties and commmercial applications including various zone systems.

Looking for advice as to what you guys have had years of success with based on the requirements above.

Thanks
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes

Robertshaw t-stats

In my opinion Robertshaw thermostats are excellent for all applications. Let me know the application and I will provide you with the specific model # for the job.

Post Likes
    Hard to beat the Carrier stat Debonair 220 Can't remember the part number but I have had very good luck with it

Post Likes
    Originally posted by supertech 1234
    Hard to beat the Carrier stat Debonair 220 Can't remember the part number but I have had very good luck with it
    Yeah, I was thinking that too, very good, I use em for commercial jobs, either progammable or regular, very reliable and all that jazz.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by supertech 1234
    Aren't they programmable? I think I am the only person in the world that is removing programmable and replacing with non-programmable for the happiness of my customers.

So I need non programmable. I'll look into the Debonair and the Robertshaw thought.

As for application that runs from heat pumps, straight split systems with electric heat to gas heat, package systems, etc. I think you get the drift. I'm looking for one size fits all so I can GET AWAY FROM HAVING A BOOK FULL OF SET UP INSTRUCTIONS ON 300 DIFFERENT THERMOSTATS and their individual keys function combinations.

Just give me an on off switch!

Thanks.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Post Likes
    I think the 220 is aka P374-1100. Nice stat, easy to run as non-programmable. Only drawback is lack of intelligent recovery.

Post Likes

Re: Robertshaw t-stats

Originally posted by robertshaw
    In my opinion Robertshaw thermostats are excellent for all applications. Let me know the application and I will provide you with the specific model # for the job.

No doubt the most unbiased opinion.

My buck's are with the Honeywell line. We rarely use anything else. They have good points and bad points but over the years they have worked best for the equipment we sell and service. I've replaced many W/R programmable thermostats, more by far than any but Home Depot transformer burning thermostats.
    JMHO

Post Likes
    Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    Only drawback is lack of intelligent recovery.
    How can that be a drawback? I suffer from the same problem.

Post Likes
    The debonair has a "Hold" button or override. You can also set th program to maintain the same temp all the time. Will do heat pump 3 heat 2 cool also.

Post Likes
    "The debonair has a "Hold" button or override" True. I rememeber installing a bunch of them on a condo but I want completely away from any programming. All the programmable T'Stats have a Hold button. And that is where I find most of them when I get on a job. So what is the use of having a programmable Tstat?

The reason I don't use programmable Tstats is to make my customers lives happy again. It's mainly by their frustration and request.

The Hadco ones I have been using for about 3 years now and now I am having a few fail are the nonprogrammable P374-2100 and the P374-2300.

Recently I have had three of them not make a complete circuit enough to pull in the contactors and relays. So I really want hard wired, higher amperage capacity internal relays in any new thermostat I am about to use.

The electronic trigger relays, also know as Triacks, just fail way too ofter. And that is what most electronic Tstat makers use now.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in