+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for Job in MN's Metro Area

Post Likes

I'm a recent graduate from a 2 year college in Heating, AC, Refrigeration. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some job leads/ideas. I live in the southeast metro of Minnesota. I'm willing to travel though, so basically anything in the metro is what I'm looking for. Service/Installing whatever I just want to get out there.

Post Likes
    Where did ya go to school?

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Southeast Technical Minnesota State College in Red Wing

Post Likes

Lightbulb

Baldloonie = Tory? If i remember right Tory, your bald at least half way there

Post Likes
    I went to NE Metro 15 years ago. Not in the area anymore.

Post Likes
    Know a guy by the name of Brennan? works for Quality Ref.

Post Likes

Thumbs up Red Wing

Hey Mntech.

I grad from RW in '92. I was very happy with the program. Our classes was out at Tower View Campus. (Anderson Building).

How was Wayne for a Teacher? He was a year behind me.

I came out 3rd for VICA.

-Jay

[Edited by mayguy on 06-16-2004 at 11:56 PM]

Post Likes
    Wayne the dudster? In shop all the questions I asked him he knew how to answer them. 70 percent of the time we were in shop. I can't complain about that. In class, his voice is monotone, so that it was difficult to not fall asleep. One whole class subject, we didn't go over ANYTHING. Pissed me off. Very passive when it came to students interupting and complaining about how most things he taught won't really help you once your in the field. All in all his effort was good. Seemed like he cared about everyone who tried. I liked tom's daily handouts, wayne needs to do something like that so he has something to follow for himself. Very knowledgeable if you gave him to time of day to ask questions. One thing I didn't like was the students that didn't pick up a tool all year and got done 2 weeks before graduation. But with 22 students in second year and 30+ in first year, I don't expect the instructors to babysit. Wayne needs to get an agenda for each day for what he plans to do in class, so everything gets covered. Tom was funny, carizmatic, and interesting to listen to. Loved his jokes. If i didn't have him as my first year teacher I wouldn't of known as much as I know about refrigerant cycles and using my meter.

Post Likes
    I had Tom. he was a GREAT guy.. I agree with you about his stories and what not. :-) Tom been teaching for soo many years, he knows what going on and what to do.. he did a great job. Best thing about his teaching is having you build your own Ref system from strach.

Speaking of Tom, I though he retired a couple of years ago?

I had Howie when i was in my 2nd year and was good. I loved the lab hours. little time in class.

As for Wayne, I only knew him from the year behind me in school, then years later when he has his own shop in Lake City. he's a nice guy. but I think he would of had a better bussiness of he done things diffrent.

Pretty good size class you got there! First year, we had about 13 of us. and 2nd year was 11 of us.

[Edited by mayguy on 06-17-2004 at 12:55 AM]

Post Likes
    My first year was Tom's last year

Post Likes
    what do you mean by "if he had done things differently" about wayne and his company

Post Likes
    I am sure Tom been missed when he retired.. You have a chance to see the new teacher?

Anyway. As for Wayne, he was pretty slow in responding to customers need. I was one of them. I had a motor go out on my furnace and took him a day or so to get back to me. I end up calling D & S, and was there in half hour.

My parents called him a few times to get a bid on a new Rheem system. he never showed up to do the bid.. Dad called him a few times as well to have him come over to get a bid, and no show when he said he would.. Again, D&S shows up the very same day when mom called them.

I have not experince him on a call, but I've heard from others that he's way too detailed, and slow.. So it kinda adds up on thier service call bill.

I ran into his wife last year, and she told me that he was teaching, and may end up selling the bussiness. When I was home last time. I seen the shop is now empty, and is going to be a Law Office. So he must of sold the bussiness..

He has asked me when I was in my 2nd year, to see if I wanted to be in a partnership with his shop he was planning on, I wasn't sure, and I wanted to get out of town.. I took a job in Faribault soon as I gradudated.

If you want to chat more, feel free to E-Mail me.

-Jay

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in