Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Niagara summit review

The big news item is Tridium's announced partnership with IBM, which involves combining IBM's Tivoli and Maximo technologies with the Niagara and Sedona frameworks.

The funniest moment was when this guy from MGM told a story about how he became a hero after cleaning things up at the new MGM in Macau.

He's basically an old-school chiller guy, who was called to clean up a mess at this new 1.something billion dollar property. Their electric bill was up through the roof, and when he arrived he noticed 7 of 10 chillers running when it was 50F outside... among other things, there were 9,000 unacknowledged alarms on the system.

He then proceeded to tell how he ended up doing the good ol' "rip it out" procedure, then mentioned the system by name - metasys... - I could hear freddy-b laughing in my head.

Anyways, just goes to show bad contractors are everywhere. I'm sure a properly commissioned system would have worked just fine, but calling out JCI in front of 925 people was hilarious.

Here's someone else's blog about the summit.

IBM... thats a interesting partnership.

Just think...a job of that visibility and scope was probably the "A" Team.

Just imagine what the B and C teams do...Clowns armed with pop guns fighting a war they can't win.

Good stuff indeed.

From the pacific coast, live in the mid-west now!
    So what does this do with IBM and JCI deal that I keep hearing about? Are they connected possibly?

I do not know for sure but I would say it would be safe to guess that yes it is the same IBM in both case.

I thought Delta was buying JCI? So now Delta will own both JCI and IBM? Better get rid of all my tech's Dells and replace with IBM. We have already removed all our old car batteries and replaced with new green JCI automobile batteries. With all this new gear we are sure becoming a greener and more efficient controls company.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

IBM Smarter Planet

3 Big ideas to build one smarter planet
    1- Instrument the world's systems
    2- Interconnect them
    3- Make them intelligent

Here's and article on Fortune 500 about IBM's master plan:
    http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/20/tech...tune/index.htm

Charter members of the Green Sigma™ Coalition are Johnson Controls, Honeywell Building Solutions, ABB, Eaton, ESS, Cisco, Siemens Building Technologies Division, Schneider Electric and SAP. The coalition members will work with IBM to integrate their products and services with IBM's Green Sigma™ solution.

Press release

Jim Fletcher held a break out session on "Corporate Infrastructure" at the summit. He's an IBM "Distinguished Engineer", and Chief Architect for the Smarter Datacenter Initiative.
    In this role, Jim is responsible for the overall technical direction and strategy for Tivoli's Energy Management directions as well as for the area of Service Availability and Performance Management.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuperTech View Post
    I do not know for sure but I would say it would be safe to guess that yes it is the same IBM in both case.
    You're the next Miller High Life "real man of genius".

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    You're the next Miller High Life "real man of genius".
    I thought that was a bud light trademark

Also, I was surprised to hear there are over 12,000 certified on the AX framework. Where is everybody? There are less than 300 people found on LinkedIn when you search for them using "tridium" as a keyword...

Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    Also, I was surprised to hear there are over 12,000 certified on the AX framework. Where is everybody? There are less than 300 people found on LinkedIn when you search for them using "tridium" as a keyword...
    Never heard of that website, guess that is why no one is there.

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    I thought Delta was buying JCI? So now Delta will own both JCI and IBM? Better get rid of all my tech's Dells and replace with IBM. We have already removed all our old car batteries and replaced with new green JCI automobile batteries. With all this new gear we are sure becoming a greener and more efficient controls company.

kontrol out

OMG Delta buying JCI That is so funny I cant wait to start that rumor.
    UA Local 141

It's not a rumor, it's a FACT! I heard it from a guy who had lunch with a guy who knows a guy on the Delta faucet assemble line who takes lunch with a guy who knows a guy that knows a guy on the JCI battery assemble line who heard in a safety meeting that there is a guy in the break room who heard from the vending machine guy who's wife (also a guy?) knows a guy that was part of the whole failed Distech creating there own N2/LON hybred controller and buying JCI who heard the first guy mention that he knows a guy who thinks he knows a guy that might have read on the internet that it's a done deal and they are just waiting to hear back from another guy that the ink has dried so they can tell a guy on the internet that it is going to happen sometime in the near future, stay tuned BACfans, same BACtime same BACchannel.

kontrol out

p.s. i no u no that i no u no
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    It's not a rumor, it's a FACT! I heard it from a guy who had lunch with a guy who knows a guy on the Delta faucet assemble line who takes lunch with a guy who knows a guy that knows a guy on the JCI battery assemble line who heard in a safety meeting that there is a guy in the break room who heard from the vending machine guy who's wife (also a guy?) knows a guy that was part of the whole failed Distech creating there own N2/LON hybred controller and buying JCI who heard the first guy mention that he knows a guy who thinks he knows a guy that might have read on the internet that it's a done deal and they are just waiting to hear back from another guy that the ink has dried so they can tell a guy on the internet that it is going to happen sometime in the near future, stay tuned BACfans, same BACtime same BACchannel.

kontrol out

p.s. i no u no that i no u no
    I enjoy the humor..I really do. Just don't blow your brains out when you get disected...OK?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast