+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Victory reach in freezer door gasket

Post Likes

Victory reach in freezer door gasket

I have to replace a door gasket on a Victory (model # FS-1D-S7 ser# B07430888 gasket part#50596902) reach in upright freezer soon. Looks like the gasket tucks underneath the plastic part in the door somehow. Im sure I can (will have to ) figure it out once I get rolling but I was just wondering if anyone else has replaced one like this. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Hate to go in to things blind if i dont have to. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Here's the manual for those boxes:
    http://www.victory-refrig.com/pdf/Vs...SpecManual.pdf

Check out page IX for instructions on changing the gaskets.

Post Likes
    Soak the gasket in warm water before installation.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Here's the manual for those boxes:
    http://www.victory-refrig.com/pdf/Vs...SpecManual.pdf

Check out page IX for instructions on changing the gaskets.
    Thanks for the link. Is it really that simple? I was pleasantly surprised recently at how easy the door gaskets are replaced on True (mod T-49) reach-ins. These dont look nearly as easy.

Post Likes
    I carefully warm the gaskets with a heat gun to soften them (keep your hand near where the heat gun is aimed at so you will not apply too much heat). When soft, removing and replacing gaskets is so much easier. Once again, be careful with the heat, you do not want to melt the gasket, just soften them a little. And be careful when removing the old gasket.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 76olds View Post
    I carefully warm the gaskets with a heat gun to soften them (keep your hand near where the heat gun is aimed at so you will not apply too much heat). When soft, removing and replacing gaskets is so much easier. Once again, be careful with the heat, you do not want to melt the gasket, just soften them a little. And be careful when removing the old gasket.
    I use the hot water method to soften up the new gasket but you make a good point about being careful removing the old one.

With a freezer, the old gasket and its mounting slot will be cold, stiff and somewhat brittle. This is where I do use a heat gun. It make the old one easier to remove and helps avoid breaking the slot.

Post Likes
    I use the hot water method to soften up the new gasket but you make a good point about being careful removing the old one.

With a freezer, the old gasket and its mounting slot will be cold, stiff and somewhat brittle. This is where I do use a heat gun. It make the old one easier to remove and helps avoid breaking the slot.
    You make a very good point. Using hot water is safer than using a heat gun to soften a gasket. I have learned the hard way how to use a heat gun when installing gaskets. But the heat gun is so much faster. One other thing I have forgotton to mention is when the gaskets arrive, open them up and leave them lay out on a workbench to get the "wrinkles" out before you install them.

Post Likes

Same here I hate it when that track breaks out.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in