+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don's daughters painting

Post Likes
    Don,

Just was thumbing back and looking around and came across this http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=23831
    she is very talented!!! It was from a few years ago and i was wondering if she pursued painting or not. I hope she did - you guys should check it out.

Post Likes
    Yeah, thanks Boiling Point! Yes, she still paints a lot. She keeps her site updated pretty good. Nicki's Gallery

She turns 18 this summer and starts university in Sept.

This one,

is one of my fav's and I keep telling her it is half mine. I drove her to that spot, in the rain (she had been waiting for the right rainy day for it) so that she could take a photo, and then she did the painting. She did the slightly more difficult half.

On her site, the list of paintings etc on the left scrolls down, I find the scroll bar hard to see, but, hey, have you ever tried to tell a 17 year old anything?? LOL

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Post Likes

Looks like she

just framed a photograph! WOW!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    My wifes friend daughter just graduated from art school in california.In september she goes to art restoration school in london. Her major is in restoration of masterpieces. If shes anygood at it i MIGHT let her restore my paint by numbers picture i messed up painting.

Post Likes

Very talented daughter you have

Originally posted by Don Sleeth
    Yeah, thanks Boiling Point! Yes, she still paints a lot. She keeps her site updated pretty good. Nicki's Gallery

She turns 18 this summer and starts university in Sept.

This one,

is one of my fav's and I keep telling her it is half mine. I drove her to that spot, in the rain (she had been waiting for the right rainy day for it) so that she could take a photo, and then she did the painting. She did the slightly more difficult half.

On her site, the list of paintings etc on the left scrolls down, I find the scroll bar hard to see, but, hey, have you ever tried to tell a 17 year old anything?? LOL

don
    Very seriously. That looks like it came out of the Atchafalaya river basin near Lafayette, La.

Post Likes
    That kind of talent is rare Don, nurture it, and encourage it. I hope she is studying art at university.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Holy crap that's good. My hats off to her.
    Not what it use to be

Post Likes
    That is incredible talent! The kind you can't teach. Beautiful work. I'm going to visit her website right now!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Wow Don, she does have talent. You should be very proud of her. One day she will be selling her paintings for alot of money.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Post Likes

You should ask her

To paint a portrait of you, Don. Probably be a great upgrade to the original!!

Post Likes
    I take it Mooney's Bay is somewhere around Ottawa? I really like the pencil work. The oil is nice too. Actually, I liked them all!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Originally posted by HVAC Pro
    I take it Mooney's Bay is somewhere around Ottawa? I really like the pencil work. The oil is nice too. Actually, I liked them all!
    Yes, Mooney's Bay is close to where we live. Her newest one isn't up there but it is pretty eye-catching. It is just a still life of some fruit or something but she used a new technique (new to her) called "glazing" and the picture looks very deep, 3-D. I am surprised it is not up on her site yet.
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Post Likes
    Dang she's good.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in