+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just Passed Universal

Post Likes
    I am trying to get my foot in the door I need more pratical would someone give me some advice Please. Most companies want 2years or better.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

if the local hvac shops arnt hiring, try maintenance at a large hotel or office bldg.as a last resort,apartment complexs.starting pay is low you gotta hang in there for a while.if your lucky some wise old fella will show you the ropes and your on your way!this might sound silly but when you go out looking, dress like your there to work!good luck

Post Likes
    Don't accept no for an answer. Next week call everyone who told you no this week. Sooner or later one of them will either appreciate your enthusiasm, and persistance. Or maybe you will catch them, when they are in dire need of help.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Try to get some formal education in the trade.

Through the years I have tried to teach guys the trade. My success rate with young guys with no formal trade education was like 1 in 6.

When I try to teach the trade to a guy who took the time and money to go to a trade school, the success rate is 100%.

So now I don't even waste my time trying to teach a guy that doesn't have a diploma.

Just remember that what you put into this trade, you take out.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the good advice to bencool i just want to say I went to a course of 900 hours and the majority was book knowledge not to much practical.I am not as confident as I should be with my on hands experience.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in