+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oil logged evaporator

Post Likes

Hmm

What is the best way to get the oil out of an oil logged evaporator?

Post Likes
    You need to be a bit more specific. Your question is like asking "How do I cook my dinner".

My response so far: Well, it depends...........

What kind of system?/ what refrigerant?/ is it a new problem?/ is it an oil return problem?......stuff like that will give us a little more to work with here.

Post Likes
    First correct the problem causing the logging. Then the system will bring back the oil.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Without knowing what type "Evaporator" you are referring, It is all but impossible to even Venture a guess as to which one you are asking about..
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Post Likes
    Originally posted by lmtd
    Fill it with R-11 and blast it with 100 psi of nitrogen.... Did I type that out loud?
    I was so close to putting that on here earlier today but thought nah somebody might think I'm for real. Those were the days.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by frozensolid
    First correct the problem causing the logging. Then the system will bring back the oil.
    A true refrigeration man talking there.

BTW, how you doing with your new gig. Making money??

Post Likes
    Where does the evap sit in reference to the condensor? If it is lower you need to put a trap on the suction line.
    Not what it use to be

Post Likes
    I am doing good Dow. Working my but off again, but I can handle that. Learning alot of new things, keeps it interesting.

Took a couple of months to get back up the scale, but I made it. Money is good, actually better with the OT. The company I work for respects my talent, what more can a man ask for. I made the right choice staying with the union.

My ex-boss just completed his master plan. His service department just went non union this month. Everyone stayed except the apprentices, and one old timer about to retire. He promised them all the world. I bet that world gets a lot smaller down the road.

Dow are you a UA member?
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Post Likes
    Id have to agree. The only one that ever makes out on those deals is the owner!!!
    Originally posted by frozensolid
    My ex-boss just completed his master plan. His service department just went non union this month. Everyone stayed except the apprentices, and one old timer about to retire. He promised them all the world. I bet that world gets a lot smaller down the road.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in