Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If the Carrier...

is controlled by a Building Automation System than this will also shorten up the life of the heat exchanger. The BAS will have a tighter control of the heating cycle and therefore cycle the heat more often and for shorter periods of time.
    If every a...... could do this,I wouldn't have a job...

After seeing this time and again, I can't believe anyone would sell this junk.

Carrier heat exchangers are the best in the industry,they provide billable work in the slowest time of the year.

I have changed a bunch like that. I found that the gas pressure was never set properly. On my clean and check calls , about 50% of residential and commercial systems have never had the gas pressure set around motor city area at least. Strange...you would think one should know better or maybe they dont know how.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

changed a ton of these back in chicago, the units were carrier of course mod 48DJE, did about 12 on the same strip mall,,, went to another location and the management asked us to leave because we shut off so many units for bad heat exchangers..never did go back , CYA always document your findings and get signatures.

When ordering the replacement heat exchangers be sure to also get the replacement end cover plate, flame retainer and flue gas regulator. Some counter people will not know about these pieces being separate items.

An earlier question about draft proving. It's neither centrifugal nor pressure. It uses an Hall Effect switch on the back of the motor.
    R2B4BTU

ive replaced a few of them....heat exchanger on supply side of coil causes condensation to sit in there for months. at least they give a nice inspection panel on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12