Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How would you all handle this:
    Get a call from a customer who only calls when its broke and hot out that multiple units are out. I tell the owner I'll be there in about two hours, He says ok. I get to the building and see the girl at the front desk and a guy who I've never seen before. I explain to him who we are and ask if they know which units are down, they say no. The guy turns around and says" you guys know what you're doing" then says " are you going to fix it half- assed or what". Well I went up on the roof and found unit 1 no power on roof, unit 2 disconnect on roof off, unit 3 not getting control signal to turn on, unit 4 condenser fan blade broke and stopping fan motor. Units 1,2 & 4 all are 460 volts and the disconnect switches are broken. The only way to shut off power is a breaker panel that is behind the front desk that they use to turn the units on and off. I refused to work on the units because of they are unsafe and because of what the employee said. Do you guys feel I acted properly or should I just blew off what the guy said.

Should have told him you only fix half-assed units half-assed !
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

how would you handle this customer

after the half ass remark, i mightve kicked im in the balls and said that wasnt half ass was it
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

How would you handle this customer?

By his neck

Would have laughed in his face

Then gave him my competitors phone number.

his remarks aside ,I wont work on units that have no disconnect , I quote on the disconnect & if approved diagnostics are made after that. Been to large places with multiple a/c's & no one could tell me which was down to which I respond would you like me to check every a/c & exsplain that diagnostic fee's are per unit not per svc. call you would be surprised how fast someone can be found that knows which a/c's are down. As for the rude comment we have a "b**ch " charge for that / misc. adjustment charge & secondary diagnostic charge which adds $100 to $150 to the bill. Kinda like cussing the cook before he makes your meal : not a good idea.
    I can do all things...

Originally posted by sctech
    his remarks aside ,I wont work on units that have no disconnect , I quote on the disconnect & if approved diagnostics are made after that. Been to large places with multiple a/c's & no one could tell me which was down to which I respond would you like me to check every a/c & exsplain that diagnostic fee's are per unit not per svc. call you would be surprised how fast someone can be found that knows which a/c's are down. As for the rude comment we have a "b**ch " charge for that / misc. adjustment charge & secondary diagnostic charge which adds $100 to $150 to the bill. Kinda like cussing the cook before he makes your meal : not a good idea.
    ================================================== ==========

I call it a "stupidity" charge. Stupidity is legal but expensive.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Payment would be COD, not some half-assed NET 30 crap...

Sctech: Great answer there. Id only add get signed approval before going ahead with repairs
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

The guy was probably in maint and has caused most of the problems and finally it is catching up. I would document everything I had found and added possibly a smart ass charge and made sure that every repair was to be done or none of them. To much liability.

If they want to be a p.i.a then I hit them with a p.i.a charge that is commesurate with the amount of pain in my ...
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"
    "he that's walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" Proverbs 13:20
    "Pressure is something people feel when they don't know what their doing". Peyton Manning-superbowl MVP

Originally posted by sctech
    Good answer, I might add that I am not a licensed electrician and the units are unsafe and needing attention by a qualified electrician. When the disconnects are repaired/replaced I will return to finish the repairs...

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Originally posted by swat
    The guy was probably in maint and has caused most of the problems and finally it is catching up.
    This was my immediate reaction as well. He's ticked off, but also worried about what you'll find.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast