Tridium timers for billing purposes

Tridium timers for billing purposes

I have a customer that wants to create an after hours timer to monitor and bill the tenant on their usage. I dont see any blocks to use to start counting. I see the counter, but it looks as i will need a pulser to add up the seconds.

Am i missing the module, i just need something that can be enabled/disabled, counts,and can be reset

May have just answered my own question. Found the multi vibrator which i can use with the counter. I can reset the counter and just use a switch to pass through the vibrator when enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by droptchevy View Post
    I have a customer that wants to create an after hours timer to monitor and bill the tenant on their usage. I dont see any blocks to use to start counting. I see the counter, but it looks as i will need a pulser to add up the seconds.

Am i missing the module, i just need something that can be enabled/disabled, counts,and can be reset
    Good day droptchevy,

You may wish to check the legality of using the timers for billing purposes... Here in Canada, any device that is used for billing (i.e. weight scales, systems for power usage, etc) purposes must be registered by Law with Weights and Measures Canada and is labeled accordingly. This ensures that the devices and/or system is accurate for both the provider and the customer and is subject to random inspections to ensure compliance.

Cheers,

Sam

It's pretty easy to do what you want with the DiscreteTotalizer extension. While you're at it add on a BooleanCovHistory extension and you'll have a time stamp of when the override was used.
    UA LU 562

Good point on the legal aspect.

It looks like tridium makes a module that you can license designed specifically for tenant billing. Im checking into pricing on that