Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dad

This is D. Richard. He will be 61 this year and still goes on every job with me. He taught me everything I know, hope he sticks around for a long time.

Pic is not working for me, why don't you upload it to our ImageWiz account. I just finished having supper with my Dad, he's over 80 now! Still works every day.

It is working fine for me. Have you trried to reload or refresh the page?

GREAT JOB!!!
    I couldn't do any better.
    But why does the furn. have to be in the middle of the basement. Why can't it be off to one of the sides just to save space?

Cool.
    My dad taught me a lot too.
    One thing for sure, having the furnace in middle of the house makes the house heat and cool much more evenly.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Now, are you kinda saying you are surprised that your dad, at the old age of 61, can still move? Um, he's probably just getting started.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Thanks for the replies. At 61 he does pretty well, but he has 2 bad discs in his back. He refuses to have them repaired since he wants to go to work every day. He has been doing this trade since he was 18, and opened his own biz 22 years ago. Through hard work and sacrifice, he has created a sucessful biz, I hope I can carry on the tradition.

Talking

Are those Elvis sideburns on his face??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

It looks that way, but he wears a beard. When his hair started to grey, he had 2 stripes right over his head. I used to call him peppie le pew. Now that he has a hard time seeing and hearing, I call him Mr. Magoo. Good thing he has a sense of humor.

Cool. I ask my dad questions every time I don't understand something. The only thing I regret is that I didn't pick up on this stuff when I was younger. I really never knew how smart he is. Just when I think I can stump him he just laughs and say's nice try
    Not what it use to be

Oh yes the good old empty basement with no walls in the way and sraight through ductwork. Havn't seen one of those in a long time. My Dad taught me alot too except He was in aircraft sheet metal started after high school, did His time in the 2nd World war and then went back to the same company and worked there till He retired as plant superindendent. I worked there for a few years too as did half the family. That is where you can really learn to make your work accutate and neat.

COOL post...hope I can hand down to my sons the same business liniage as you have!

By the way is that ductboard trunks?...I see the return and supply plenums are metal.

Is there a cased coil on that furnace?

That's really cool you have an opportunity like that. Kinda looks like he's up there giving a sermon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast