Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RuudInstaller View Post
    I work for a company that services about 100 McDonalds stores. There is a pretty steep curve learning to work on equipment in these stores. Everything is custom made only for Mcdonalds. To get started you should get in touch with Your closest Frymaster and Garland distributor and try to get some product training. The names you need to familiarize yourself with will be Prince Castle, Pitco, Welbilt, Bunn, Bloomfield, Frymaster, Garland, Henny Penny, Automated Equipment, Franke, Ready Access, and if you dare Taylor. Tech support is usually very helpful with all these brands except for Taylor. Start with Learning the grills and fryers and get your hands into the rest as you go. We are very successful as a company because of our Mcdonalds work. They keep us very busy year round, havent worked less than 40 hours in like 10 years. Let me know if you need any Mcdonalds specific info.

P.S. Try getting into the beverage side of things and you will then be able to be a one stop service company for everything in the store. Thats what these stores really like about our company. We will work on anything in the store.
    tanks guys. I'm going to one store today for a leaky faucet. I'm going to get some information and makes some calls. I want see how much and how long these classes are. I dont want to be greedy and do more then I can handle but I feel I should at least check it out.
    I fixed a few leaks on the soda machines, but that looks complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinpadalino View Post
    tanks guys. I'm going to one store today for a leaky faucet. I'm going to get some information and makes some calls. I want see how much and how long these classes are. I dont want to be greedy and do more then I can handle but I feel I should at least check it out.
    I fixed a few leaks on the soda machines, but that looks complicated.
    Vinpadalino,
    How many times has something looked complicated only to find out later it is simple once you know how it works. Do as you say. Start with one piece master it then move on to the next one. This guy is your friend so I'm sure he will work with you. One McDonalds will lead to the next to next to the next. Jump on this opportunity. Just my

Smile

All the grills at the stores are Taylor, and they use frymaster. I called Taylor to see were there's training. They didn't call back. My buddy said the training is in Texas. I told the wife and she said family trip, we have lots of family there. So she real happy.
    I got my first taste of getting covered in grease. I was on the floor crawling around to find a leak. Not that bad. I'm used to drain cleaning. Another note it's impossible to do any work on lunch hour. I was getting walked on. And I need to learn how to speak Spanish it might help in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by RuudInstaller View Post
    I work for a company that services about 100 McDonalds stores. There is a pretty steep curve learning to work on equipment in these stores. Everything is custom made only for Mcdonalds. To get started you should get in touch with Your closest Frymaster and Garland distributor and try to get some product training. The names you need to familiarize yourself with will be Prince Castle, Pitco, Welbilt, Bunn, Bloomfield, Frymaster, Garland, Henny Penny, Automated Equipment, Franke, Ready Access, and if you dare Taylor. Tech support is usually very helpful with all these brands except for Taylor. Start with Learning the grills and fryers and get your hands into the rest as you go. We are very successful as a company because of our Mcdonalds work. They keep us very busy year round, havent worked less than 40 hours in like 10 years. Let me know if you need any Mcdonalds specific info.

P.S. Try getting into the beverage side of things and you will then be able to be a one stop service company for everything in the store. Thats what these stores really like about our company. We will work on anything in the store.
    We only service 9 Mcdonald's...One owner. We service everything including Taylor, HVACs ,beverage and refrigeration as well as all the hot stuff. Adding to your list : Antunes,APWyott,Bally,Bev-air,Bohn,Carter Hoffman,Cornelius,Cuno,Grindmaster,Kolpak,Manitowo c,Multiplex,Scotsman,Traulsen,True,Wells, York , Trane ,AAON off the top of my head.Yea ,you will be busy! Equipment is abused on a regular basis in these fast food stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinpadalino View Post
    All the grills at the stores are Taylor, and they use frymaster. I called Taylor to see were there's training. They didn't call back. My buddy said the training is in Texas. I told the wife and she said family trip, we have lots of family there. So she real happy.
    I got my first taste of getting covered in grease. I was on the floor crawling around to find a leak. Not that bad. I'm used to drain cleaning. Another note it's impossible to do any work on lunch hour. I was getting walked on. And I need to learn how to speak Spanish it might help in the long run.
    Taylor training is in Rockton ,Illinois at the factory. The class in Texas is for the electrical safety training. Your buddy the owner can sponsor you to get training for this. You will be authorized to repair all Taylor equipment in his stores and be able to do grill certifications.I can PM you with the links if he is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    We only service 9 Mcdonald's...One owner. We service everything including Taylor, HVACs ,beverage and refrigeration as well as all the hot stuff. Adding to your list : Antunes,APWyott,Bally,Bev-air,Bohn,Carter Hoffman,Cornelius,Cuno,Grindmaster,Kolpak,Manitowo c,Multiplex,Scotsman,Traulsen,True,Wells, York , Trane ,AAON off the top of my head.Yea ,you will be busy! Equipment is abused on a regular basis in these fast food stores.
    Are there any manufactureing co. left.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Are there any manufactureing co. left.
    Masterbilt,Delfield, Norlake

Question

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Masterbilt,Delfield, Norlake
    I wonder how many post this could go on for ?

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I wonder how many post this could go on for ?
    Wilshire ,Flojet ,Shurflo ,Everpure

Some of the ones we do still have A.D.A., John Zink, and Sunbeam units too. Oh yeah and don't forget McCann's, Honeywell, White Rodgers, Penn Ventilator, and Greenheck
    We do it nice cause we do it twice!

Do they or have they ever used Palux, Angelo Po, Parry, Lincat, Falcon, Moffatt, Blue seal, or Hobart?
    Martyn

50 & 60 hz but 100's worse

Hobart, yes. None of the others that I am aware of.
    We do it nice cause we do it twice!

every Mcdonald's location in the world is mandated to perform certifications on the clamshell grills each year. If you can get certified by Garland, the potential for work is huge. Of course, usually you can't roll them out of line and you end up working on it in place for about 4 hours each grill. The other stuff is all custom like someone already said. The fryers are a p.i.t.a. The one thing I would tell someone who would be considering getting into food equipment is that it can be high stress, fast paced, on-the-fly type work. Usually you get calls on Saturday night at like 6pm and have to work on stuff around a busy kitchen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast