Sir;
    I would like to find out if you know if Taylor ever puts classes on out side of their main office? And for Non-Taylor companies?

Where I live we are three hours away from two Taylor companies (Taylor Arizona and Taylor San Diego)and a lot of companies here can't wait two to three weeks for the Taylor people to show. So, the company I work for has been doing work on some machines. I used to work for a fast food chain so I have worked on them before (Taylor shake machines).

I would love to learn more about them.

Now, Taylor Arizona and Taylor National have been very helpful when I have had questions, so I'm not putting them down. Their good people.

Any input or places I can find out more on these machines, I would sincerely appreciate.

Thanks,
    Yuma
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

Taylor is rather stinger with their info...I've got a few things on the 355 series. But there is a few manuals on the web site...

Which machines you got? I'sbet 95% of Taylor problems are operator error, .......that's what I've found ad I work with them every day.

Originally posted by rango
    Which machines you got? I'sbet 95% of Taylor problems are operator error, .......that's what I've found ad I work with them every day.
    Thanks for the reply, I have a number of different units for McD's, BK's, JIB's and others (around six models) and Yes a lot of the problems are by the people them self's. But a lot are getting older and I'm having weird electrical problems with boards etc.... The straight refrigeration problems are easy..
    It's the rest..
    Thanks again,
    Yuma,

McDonalds has a lot of clout. Of your working on their stores, chances are they can make the arrangents for you to attend Taylor classes/ seminars.

McDonals IS bigger than Taylor is. This should make a dif.

Oh ... especially if they mentioned that if their vendors could not receive proper instruction on the Taylor equipment... the stores may be "switching" to a competitors brand .... "real soon".

Originally posted by R12rules
    McDonalds has a lot of clout. Of your working on their stores, chances are they can make the arrangents for you to attend Taylor classes/ seminars.

McDonals IS bigger than Taylor is. This should make a dif.

Oh ... especially if they mentioned that if their vendors could not receive proper instruction on the Taylor equipment... the stores may be "switching" to a competitors brand .... "real soon".

Even so, Taylor is not fond of training their distributors competitors. If you go that way make certain you apply through your customer as their employee (in house tech) preferably with a multistore owner. Saw two independent techs kicked out of the class I was in.

I agree Taylor is stingy with info. When I was in California, I phoned their LA office for tech suport. The service manager was very tight lipped with me about his info.
    Then I told him I had on eof the new Tif digital weight scales and that's how I charged his equipment.
    I even mentioned that I just might pay him a visit someday and let him see it.

All of a sudden he believed I wasnt some sort of hack and he spoke a little about the system I was calling in about.
    This was in the early eighties.

He was of the impression that anyone calling for help must not know their business.

Humf .... if he thought he was all fired smart ... he outa try working on a KoldDraft.
    They made Taylor's look like a piece of cake!
    Anybody who could fix a KoldDraft outa be given special favor with ALL manufacturers reps!

Heck ... a KoldDraft's got more moving around per square foot than even a jet engine. Or a Swiss watch. Or even a Michael Jackson video.

Yuma if you already have a good relationship with the distributer in your area I would approach them first. If not then maybe a McDoanlds owner could get you in. The classes are ok but your probably learning much more in the field. The distibuter is the one I would talk to about SERVICE not OPERATORS manuals for the units you work on. It doesnt suprise me that some distributers are tight lipped, imagine your competition calling you and asking how to fix your customers kolddraft. I think I still got a few shear pins around here somewhere.

taylortech,
    Thanks for your insight.
    I'll keep doing it the way I'm doing it.
    I will check with the local distributer and see whats up.

Thanks again, and to all who replied also.

Yuma,