Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone else noticed a big problem since they went south?

It seems every 16 moonths on a decent amount of my accounts, I am replacing the walk in stats.....

I have had some problems with them also. Had
    an oil pressure swithch go bad, and a dual
    temp sensor go bad, both were only 3-4 months
    old.

More problems with Ranco, but they all suck pretty bad anymore.

I've been a Penn fan for a long time and it's disheartening to replace a twenty year old Penn t'stat with an identical model and have it fail within a year or two. I've had too many fail for no reason. It's all over the lot.....Ranco, Danfoss, Alco.

It's equally disturbing to have anybody's controls, motors or whatever fail within your warranty period and you not only lose the markup but you may have to eat the labor as well.

I sure hope Sporlan doesn't move to Sri Lanka or Borneo.

Originally posted by icemeister
    I sure hope Sporlan doesn't move to Sri Lanka or Borneo.
    Fortunately, the NAFTA highway doesn't extend to these countries...

Andy, you wouldn't be typing this to us from India, now would you?

They aren't tsats, but I have had problems and no others as well who have had problems with their flow swtiches.

We used to buy McDonnell Miller switches, never had a problem. Went to the Johnson swtiches cause they looked exactly the same, never mind the $40 for the Johnson and 95-100 for the MM.

Must be a reason for the cost "savings."

Changing back to MM.

Clyde

Talking

I am wanting to tell you that when I am on the phone giving you the tech support you can not tell where I am and so it does not matter that I am somewhere out of your country.

hahaha

To date Sporlan's plans are to remain a privately owned American Company. Inside track

brother works there.

Originally posted by refer dude 2479
    To date Sporlan's plans are to remain a privately owned American Company. Inside track

brother works there.
    I concur... Now you got me wondering if my brother posts to this site... Naw, he doesn't do fridge...

sporlan

I need to look into this.. AMERICAN huh?

Penn /JC used to be 25 miles from me. (factory)
    Now MX.

I would definetley buy a quality american, Better yet UNION made product!

I only own american vehicles, YES American, from my 67 harley fl to my saturn and a few in between..
    I try to buy all american. I have always bought 501's but now THEY are even made in pakistan or some other place, so I will be switching..

thanks for the info..

dan

Originally posted by Andy Schoen

brother works there.
    I concur... Now you got me wondering if my brother posts to this site... Naw, he doesn't do fridge...
    My brother started in refer after I did. I have another brother too that is still in refer. working for Hill doing construction. Dave saw the light about 15 years ago and got a sales rep job for Sporlan in the gulf area out of Huoston. Now he works factory at Washington Mo.

My brother started in refer after I did. I have another brother too that is still in refer. working for Hill doing construction. Dave saw the light about 15 years ago and got a sales rep job for Sporlan in the gulf area out of Huoston. Now he works factory at Washington Mo. [/B]
    Dave's a good fridge man, and he's just around the corner from my office...

Originally posted by Andy Schoen
    My brother started in refer after I did. I have another brother too that is still in refer. working for Hill doing construction. Dave saw the light about 15 years ago and got a sales rep job for Sporlan in the gulf area out of Huoston. Now he works factory at Washington Mo.
    Dave's a good fridge man, and he's just around the corner from my office... [/B]
    Well sneak up behind him and scare the crap out of him for me. Thanks in advance

hahahahah

he has a great job. would like to get into a position like that some day. I've been wrenching for 27 years and am tired of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast