Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 52
  1. #1

    Cool How much do hvac business owners make?

    give me some ballpark estimates if you know some real facts and if you are an hvac business owner you could help a lot with this question. Don't wanna hear "don't do it for the money" etc please. If you want even saying something like "50-100k" or 100-200k" would help. Just curious and thanks in advance as long as you don't say "don't do it for the money"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkfan209 View Post
    give me some ballpark estimates if you know some real facts and if you are an hvac business owner you could help a lot with this question. Don't wanna hear "don't do it for the money" etc please. If you want even saying something like "50-100k" or 100-200k" would help. Just curious and thanks in advance as long as you don't say "don't do it for the money"

    Anywhere from -100,000 to +100,000, +/- 100,000 is my best guess.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    977
    I have been self employed in the hvac business almost 16 years, so I can tell you what my income is.
    (I won't, becasue it's non eof your business)

    My question to you first is, why do you ask how much we make?

    There are so many different types of hvac shops, some have 1 or 2 employess, some have a hundred or more.

    Commercial, industrial, residential, residential new, chain stores, malls, etc.

    What do intend to do with the answers to your question?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    977
    double post, sorry
    Last edited by sprintmj19; 05-01-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: .

  5. #5
    Lets say I'm writing a research paper. If I guessed your income at 75k how close would I be?


    Quote Originally Posted by sprintmj19 View Post
    I have been self employed in the hvac business almost 16 years, so I can tell you what my income is.
    (I won't, becasue it's non eof your business)

    My question to you first is, why do you ask how much we make?

    There are so many different types of hvac shops, some have 1 or 2 employess, some have a hundred or more.

    Commercial, industrial, residential, residential new, chain stores, malls, etc.

    What do intend to do with the answers to your question?

  6. #6
    well if your goal was to be a sarcastic piece of ****, you did it right the first time

    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Anywhere from -100,000 to +100,000, +/- 100,000 is my best guess.

  7. #7
    out of al those u listed what makes the most money

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintmj19 View Post
    I have been self employed in the hvac business almost 16 years, so I can tell you what my income is.
    (I won't, becasue it's non eof your business)

    My question to you first is, why do you ask how much we make?

    There are so many different types of hvac shops, some have 1 or 2 employess, some have a hundred or more.

    Commercial, industrial, residential, residential new, chain stores, malls, etc.

    What do intend to do with the answers to your question?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkfan209 View Post
    well if your goal was to be a sarcastic piece of ****, you did it right the first time
    SO DID YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkfan209 View Post
    well if your goal was to be a sarcastic piece of ****, you did it right the first time

    Hey, what I said is the truth. That is how broad of a scope it is. Some companies don't make anything, some do.

    No one can give you an answer to this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    12,901
    Twilli says it varies from year to year but a 100 k is not out of line, but for a lot of us its the bennies that make it worthwhile
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    537
    It depends on whether you sell jobs just to make a paycheck, or you sell jobs that make a profit.

    It is anywhere from $40k per/yr, for someone who doesn’t have a clue on what they need to charge, to the multi-million dollar operations who are running over a hundred truck fleets on the residential side or the industrial mechanical side and the owner is making over a million a year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,204
    gezz, you go around asking Doctors what there income is? How about your lawyer?

    When you get done with a meal at a restaurant, do you ask the owner how much he makes?

    before we answer, how much do you make?
    BEING AN ADULT

    is the dumbest thing I have ever done

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,405
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    gezz, you go around asking Doctors what there income is? How about your lawyer?

    When you get done with a meal at a restaurant, do you ask the owner how much he makes?

    before we answer, how much do you make?

    He wants to start his own biz I think.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event