Being On Call Every Other Week.... AUGH!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by shotalife1
    Hey fellas I just started school in nyc at TCI.Id like to know From where you guys are standing,is it a lot of crap you have to take off of people?Is the money right?please hit me back.

Re: About salary

Originally posted by rob10
    You're not crazy enough to work salary, are you!!

No..not on salary. But the hourly is way lower than what most of us here are earning.

Originally posted by will 2
    Originally posted by R12rules
    sounds to me like we are two different people.
    Man, that's low.
    Sounds like he needs a taste of his own medicine.
    Get "Caller ID". [/B]
    I have caller ID. I know when he's calling.

I act like the type of person I would want others to be for me. Despite of how others may respond back.

You know that thing called "The Golden Rule". Do unto others as you would have them do for you. Well, I thik that happens to be a pretty good rule to live by.

But... just like driving down the interstate, not everyone lives by the same rules as you do. And this causes problems.

Originally posted by shotalife1
    Hey fellas I just started school in nyc at TCI.Id like to know From where you guys are standing,is it a lot of crap you have to take off of people?Is the money right?please hit me back.

Do a serch on this site for threads on the topics of wages and conditions.

Start off in the General topic section.

Originally posted by R12rules
    Well, I thik that happens to be a pretty good rule to live by.
    So do I, R12, so do I.

But after awhile if that don't work, another rule comes into play.
    "Fool me once...."

hhhmm i am felling grateful I do not really mess with commercial anymore but it was nice when you are on call with a couple of G's worth of meat etc in the coolerat a restaurant and they are so willing to pay $$$$$$$$$$$$ or a beer cooler on a friday early afternoon in Habeeb's mini mart only time Habeeb is willing to part with his money rather than lose those cold brew sales on a weekend!

Too bad those calls are few and far between and the blown fuse or idiot mgrs errors or prep cooks playing with tsats in the walk in is more of the norm and more of thing they want you to come out at 11pm to fix.

[Edited by thehumid1 on 06-13-2004 at 08:15 PM]
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Talking

our call roster is probably one of the best in the area once every 12 weeks we do one week of back up call & one week of on call . average 45 hours a week here when not on call. .... sweeeeeeeeet
    I can do all things...

I own the company, and I double as lead technician, so I field ALL of the weekend & night calls. I don't mind it so much, as long as it is warranted. The calls where they 'have been watching the case since that morning', bug me. In the end, I reap the rewards, so I accept the responsibility.

After all, it's MY reputation!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12