I have a problem (sort of).

I got asked the other day if I would take on a service contract for several supermarkets. I've been doing refrigeration over the years, but not that much supermarket stuff. Anyway, one of the supermarkets has cases not maintaining a cool enough temperature, but to make things worse it's on a multiple compressor pack, which I have to say I haven't done properly before. A single compressor-no problem, but a pack ?

How different is fault finding with these? Right now I'm in half a mind to not take the work on.

HELP !!!

Regards
    Jim
    A problem shared is a problem halved

Originally posted by bunglebear

How different is fault finding with these? Right now I'm in half a mind to not take the work on.
    That half of your brain is likely the conservative side. If the other half feels like this would be a challenge and something you truly want to learn, go for it......we'll help you out. There are a lot of market fridgies on here all the time. Just do a search for all of R12Rules' posts over the last few months.........

If the other half of you brain is only attracted to the possibility of big bucks, then I'd suggest listening to the first half and don't look back.

It's really not that much different.....controls are controls. I deal with superplus racks on a daily basis, and I don't find it to be any harder than a RT unit...Just My .02

Thanks for the replies. I've always been one for learning new stuff. I always thought that the basics remain the same, just with more complex control circuits. I will probably go for it, and visit site on Monday. I'll post something if I need some advice.

I appreciate your patience

I hope you like to work late

My wife can't remember what I look like !!!

This is what you'll look like after a day in the motor room of a market!!!

But your never stop learning and you'll love every minute of it!

Just get yourself a digital camera and a laptop and send her photo's of you on the job. She'll love it.
    Wives like that "touchy-feely" kinda stuff!

Makes em think your in touch with them.

But as you can see by the photograph ... all I was in touch with there was some foaming oil. DIRTY foaming oil at that!

And hey .... if I can learn how to work on these market rack systems ... so can you.

Seriously, just do a search of this site of all the threads I've started recently. I just took on a job with a market company. I had been doing primarily commercial refrig and some a/c.
    Now ... it's market, markets, markets. It's a different world altogether. But freon is still freon. A flare is yet a flare and a compressor is still a compressor.
    Dont get intimidated by the computer comtrollers. They are there to be conquered and used simply as control devices for our benefit.
    There is nothing magical about any of them!

Enjoy yourself. Then come back here in every spare moment and post something interesting.

We have a federal grant to study the social affects of HVAC/R service work on "older adults" who have been diagnosed as having "issues".

Some of the members of this community, (names withheld to protect the innocent), have come to us from nursing homes across the Nation. We intend to prove that good stories told by those who work daily jobs in HVAC/R industry actually helps to relieve some of the "issues" these "older adults" have been plagued with.

So ... by your recounting daily stories tous here on this forum ... some of our members will be greatly helped.
    And by the way, this cuts down on the amount of "medication" they take.
    More stories = less meds = less drain on taxpayers.

ROFLOL

Hi

Tomorrow is the day for my venture into market refrigeration. I'm a bit concerned over troubleshooting thins like EPR's and CPR's capacity control. But I suppose I will start with a full overview of the system performance, check superheats etc, and take it from there.

Regards

I wouldn't sign a full service contract if you're not familiar with the equipment.

If it was a T&M deal, and they're patient, then go for it. But don't let them rope you in to a contract, especially for a problem store.

Hi

NOt a full service contract yet. But I thought I'd have a go and see what the equipment is like, and take it from there. Probably might do a market fridge seminar later.