Thread: BDP Diagrams?

BDP Diagrams?

Got a rooftop unit I'm trying to find diagrams on. It's a BDP model 581BEV0901B0AA5A. I had a no cooling call on it the other day and they have the economizer wired into 2nd stage. I think this is wierd. To me I think it sould be 1st stage. One better the smokes were wired in series with 2nd stage....lol. But thats fire security guys for ya.

There are 2 of these units on the roof and both diagrams are totally faded out. I called the local Carrier wholesaller and they said they didn't have anything on that model. I asked if the manufacturer would have it and he said if it isn't on there system then the manufacturer doesn't have it either.

The econimizer hood has 50DK00312B on it at the temp control.

Quote Originally Posted by sapper View Post
    Got a rooftop unit I'm trying to find diagrams on. It's a BDP model 581BEV0901B0AA5A. I called the local Carrier wholesaller and they said they didn't have anything on that model. I asked if the manufacturer would have it and he said if it isn't on there system then the manufacturer doesn't have it either.
    He didn't look very hard (see attachment).

The 581B wiring info starts on page 139.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

oh, you are a life saver. Yeah I thought he was a little off putting. I was going to try tech support. Isn't bryant owned by carrier?

Again thank you.

Where did you find it?

oh, you are a life saver. Yeah I thought he was a little off putting. I was going to try tech support. Isn't bryant owned by carrier?

Again thank you.

Where did you find it?
    Probably on HVAC PARTNERS web site.

Where did you find it?
    As much as I'd like to say it was my vast knowledge and inside connections, it was just a simple Google search using "bryant BDP 581B"

Here are some more Bryant models if your want to keep them on hand.

http://www.catalog.bryant.com/corp/d...TI8891,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by sapper
    Isn't bryant owned by carrier?
    A bit of useless trivia for ya:

United Technologies Corporation (UTC) owns Bryant Heating and Cooling under the Carrier brand name. UTC is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
    Charles Bryant founded the Natural Gas Regulator Company in Cleveland, Ohio in 1904. The company began selling gas-fired boilers within 4 years, and dominated the US market for gas boilers in the 1920s. Carrier purchased Bryant in 1955. United Technologies Corporation acquired Carrier in 1979.

And now you know the rest of the story.............
    Last edited by rundawg; 05-07-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

I googled it but I used carrier. You knew enough that it was Bryant. Plus, I also googled 581bev and got nothing. HVAC-Talk got me out of yet another jam. Thank you.