+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life is Precious.......

Post Likes
    On my way to work today @ 6:30AM a Jeep Liberty 4 cars ahead of me decided she was gonna cut into 695 (4 lanes each way ) from a merge doing 65MPH before the solid line ran out. There was a broken down truck inbetween the solid lanes between the merge lanes and 695, the lady was looking in her side mirror to get over and WHAM!! ran right into the back of this broken down ford. Her Jeep flipped end over end, landed on its passenger side, rolled onto the drivers side and slid 30 yards on its side. I was the third person to the Jeep. The lady was ALIVE !! I was amazed that anyone lived through what I saw !!! She was cut up pretty bad but all in all looked OK. I realized that that could happen to any of us at any time . One of the things that kinda made me think was that there was only 4 of us who stopped in rush hour traffic to help the lady. People were acctually driving by on the shoulder beeping their horns. It kinda made me think that people in a whole really don't give a crap about anyone but themselves. It was kinda sad that only 4 of hundreds of cars had stopped to help. Anyway I will stop babbling, just always remember that life really is precious and treasure every moment you are alive.

Post Likes
    'People were acctually driving by on the shoulder beeping their horns. It kinda made me think that people in a whole really don't give a crap about anyone but themselves. It was kinda sad that only 4 of hundreds of cars had stopped to help.
    '

ME: Yes...its a very self centered world we live in ; but its good when you hear of plain ordinary people who risk thier lives to save someone they didnt know yet cared about. The closest thing i experienced to your eyewitness account was last year when a 17 year old kid in his new Ford Focus compact car was weaving in and out of traffic ... and swerved too hard as he got up to the front of the line. Then, he oversteered and his front wheel his the median curb at about 70 mph and he did about 5 to 7 rollovers on the median strip...which was (luckily for him) all grass with freshly planted very 'small' trees . After the rolls , he came to a stop , as did I and a few other motorists to see how he was. As we got closer to his car...he kicked out the rear window and crawled out with just minor cuts on him. But, he was in a state of shock . Myself and another motorist told him he was very lucky to walk away from this and that it doesnt pay to be a hotdog on the road. I think it sank in.

Indeed, life is precious.

Dave

Post Likes

It can happen anytime

Me an another guy were going down the interstate Wednesday and going at a good clip mind you, about 70+. This jackass in a nice new camper came flying up beside us and before making the pass started to merge, I just thought, hey buddy I'm over here. I gave him time to see me but when he was only about an inch or so from my mirror I had to hit the shoulder, it wasn't too bad getting on the gravel at 70. I just slowed, got back on the road and went up next to him and gave him a dirty look . The guy that was with me wasn't too nervous but it could've been bad had we been on a bridge or something. I just wonder what the car behind me thought.

There is no doubt that life is precious and it's good that lady was ok.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes

Re: I can happen anytime

Originally posted by i_got_ideas
    I just slowed, got back on the road and went up next to him and gave him a dirty look .
    That is the only thing wrong with lettered vans...

...you can't flip them off.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Post Likes

Re: Re: I can happen anytime

Originally posted by karsthuntr
    I just slowed, got back on the road and went up next to him and gave him a dirty look .

It don't stop our guys from whistling at the pretty girls though
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes

Re: Re: I can happen anytime

Who says you can't. The SOB ran me off the road I am definetly flipping him off. I'd probably get up in front of him and slow down to the point of where he couldn't pass and then slam on the brakes. SOB call office, tough chit!!
    But of course, that's just me.

Post Likes

Re: Re: Re: I can happen anytime

It don't stop our guys from whistling at the pretty girls though
    I can't do that either. My wife is the dispatcher.

Post Likes

Re: Re: Re: I can happen anytime

Originally posted by workhorse

Who says you can't. The SOB ran me off the road I am definetly flipping him off. I'd probably get up in front of him and slow down to the point of where he couldn't pass and then slam on the brakes. SOB call office, tough chit!!
    I did just that and talked to the guy a couple month's later and he was giving us all kinds of bad refferals, so he said.

Post Likes

Re: Re: Re: Re: I can happen anytime

Originally posted by workhorse

I did just that and talked to the guy a couple month's later and he was giving us all kinds of bad refferals, so he said.
    It has caught up to me too at times. Once a guy cut me off on my way to a call and I flipped him off. When I got to the call I seen the car in the parking lot (condo). I thought to myself "oh crap" and I was right. The guy I flipped off was the guy I had the call on. It turned out ok though, he said he was in the wrong as he was in a hurry to get home so he wouldn't miss me. We laughed about it, until I gave him the bill.

Post Likes
    Life is precious and here's why I always where my seat belt and try not to do anything stupid on the road like I used to.

Post Likes
    What are those things growing out of you kids mouths?
    Can they be cured?

Someday, hundreds of years from now, people will look back on our way of life as dangerous and barbaric, like we look back on old times.
    Unless we all kill ourselves first, which is a distinct possibility.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    What are those things growing out of you kids mouths?
    Can they be cured?
    It's the only way to keep'm from talking so much. They get it from my Wop wife who never stops talking.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mattm

It's the only way to keep'm from talking so much. They get it from my Wop wife who never stops talking. [/B]
    Hey I got one of them too. Just tie her hands behind her back, they can't talk without using their hands.

[Edited by Diceman on 06-13-2004 at 10:47 AM]
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Bigbird`s listning..(wop)?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bigbird
    Bigbird`s listning..(wop)?
    I think Mattm learned that kind of language from
    you bigbird

Post Likes
    He probly did..BUT,i`ve changed,i`m now a high class well educated ITALIAN.

Post Likes
    Sorry Bird....Wouldn't want to wake up with a chicken head in my bed.

Post Likes
    Thats a good one. But the truth is no matter what i`m still
    a wop.

Post Likes
    PS: I better stop now. I got in trouble for saying mexican
    here awhile back.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by refrtech
    It kinda made me think that people in a whole really don't give a crap about anyone but themselves. It was kinda sad that only 4 of hundreds of cars had stopped to help.
    My father was a cop for 30 years and he and I had a conversation about this subject once. I had seen an accident and pulled over to help, and told him about it. He said that most people that do pull over are a pain in the a$$ and over very little help, just gawkers, while you have a few who really are willing to help, and have some basic first aid skills. The rest of them cause more damage than good and are in the way of the people helping.

So, I bet the 4 of you had everything in control, and more unskilled help was not needed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in