Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attaboy Dave

Look how much we can save by smashin that 3/8 line over that 1/4" line. Takes too much time to cut off the extree, just wad it up and stick it behind the unit. Don't try to roll it up. It's too old! Nobody'll ever see it. It ain't like they're going to see that it's a 3 ton unit or nuthin.

That old disconnect'll do just fine too. Don't matter if there ain't no guts in it. Just fire some screws into the lectric panel. Nobody'll ever need in there.

Leave that old rotted out suction filter in there too, heck it's paid for!

its amazing that people not only get away with doing this crap work, but they get paid for it to. its criminal

Know what's worse yet???

The installer(s) are most likely such hacks, that they don't even REALIZE they are hacks! I bet they were actually PROUD of that install!

Awwww I'm telling....Where's your low loss fittings on your hoses?

Like you said though Dave would surely be proud.

Talking

looks like a normal lennox job.

Hey, I'll bet you get alot more sub-cooling that way!

Originally posted by hvac solutions
    Hey, I'll bet you get alot more sub-cooling that way!
    Sc was 33 degrees. Tried to check the sh but the wb was too low *because* even though it was 76 at the stat on the 1st floor, the return air db was 66.9 degrees!! Nice ductwork job somebody did!!

Non-txv system with a new Lennox furnace and evap. The heck of it is, they ran that 1/4" line from the outside unit halfway through the basement, then sweated it inside a 3/8 line which went the other halfway through the basement to the evap.

Just wondering....... there must be a pressure drop at the 1/4 to 3/8 joint?
    Damn thing might start to sweat.

Talking

Now come on you know that disconnect is for the varmits to come in and out of that was there intention I am thinking.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Originally posted by midhvac
    The heck of it is, they ran that 1/4" line from the outside unit halfway through the basement, then sweated it inside a 3/8 line which went the other halfway through the basement to the evap.
    That's called Hillbilly Engineering. Is it even on a pad?

Yeah, it's on the old concrete pad, which is about 3 times the size of the unit and is all cracked up. Too much work for them to remove it.

I forgot to mention that it's on two 115 v breakers that aren't tied together.

The installing dealer is a very old Lennox dealership here.

The ho is an old widow. Her brother is a regular customer and he sent me to do spring maint. on it.

Guess I'll have to write up a report and send it to him

Originally posted by PaysonHVAC
    Know what's worse yet???

The installer(s) are most likely such hacks, that they don't even REALIZE they are hacks! I bet they were actually PROUD of that install!

You are so right!

I see it all the time, you point out whats wrong with the install and the guy just looks at you with the deer in the headlight look....he cant see anything wrong with his install!
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Originally posted by hvac r us 2
    Originally posted by PaysonHVAC
    Know what's worse yet???

You are so right!

I see it all the time, you point out whats wrong with the install and the guy just looks at you with the deer in the headlight look....he cant see anything wrong with his install!
    But if the guy went to school he would then see the light and know that he was a HACKER!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast