Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    such as those connections?

'loosley'?

hope insurance policy up to date

There's no way in hell that an electrican did that. 1) They used wire ties. 2) There's no nasty electrical tape all over everything. 3) The disconnect is mounted in an accessible place. All of the disconnects I've seen sparkies install around here require climbing over the unit or some other acrobatic move to reach.

I would have used the black wire ties instead of the white ties. L.M.A.O.

Originally posted by cde72
    Your using the term "electrician" loosely, right?
    Sad thing is... around here the Hacknslash Heating and Cooling Companies also claim to be electricians, after all, its only wire!! Again... homeowners are ignorant to codes, permits needed, and sometimes "misinformed" by installers. Most don't realize they need a permit to change out a water heater, run additional gas line, or add on a humidifier, let alone major appliance work.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.

HaHa, "Sparkies", thats a good one.

Well the post header said "what wast the electrician thinking", well I do believe that question is answered, He obviously didnt, funny thing is it probably took the Brain Limping Lad all day to install that.

Does that green hose come from the water meter and supply the house? :-)

Also isn't the coiled up flex in the way of the service access?

The electrician must have also been the cable guy. GIT-R-Done.

Longtime lurker and lover of Wall-o-Shame.

injuneer

Originally posted by steamer
    HaHa, "Sparkies", thats a good one.
    That is actually what they're called in stagecraft/theater work. At many times, they are deserving of the name. Ever plug 120v gear into a 240v circuit? happens all the time in stage production. Good 'ol Sparkies.

in school, high school / vocational school, we were given laptops as part of the ciriculum. most laptop power supplies are capable of doing 100 - 240 VAC power. the kids were plugging their laptops into the 240 VAC outlet in the back of the lab. one day, they were working (inagine that!) of a unit and were going to pull a vaccum. well, they got out a brand new just out of the box i believe it was robinair vaccum pump, 120 VAC mind you. now, what did they do, you guessed it jammed the vac pump into 240 VAC plug, flipped the switch. i think tat the pump motor has about 5% of the smoke charge left and you know how hard that smoke jug is to obtain. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12