Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veto Bag Owners

Veto Bag Owners

I'm in school and its time to buy a tool bag.

I just need some opinoins on what size veto I should get. I'm thinking the XL may be to big and the LC may not be big enough. If you own one of the two bags would you buy it again?

1, Do you wish you got the XL if you have the LC?
    2, If you have the LC do you wish you got the XL?
    3, Open top or closed top?

Looking for answers from Techs who use the bags and what they think of them.

Thanks for your help because at this moment i really not sure which one to buy.

I have the LC closed top and Love it. If you plan to work on roofs or carry the bag a lot IMO the XL would be too heavy. I have had the LC for about 1 month. Well worth the money and you cant beat the 5 year replacement warranty.

I would recommend the LC closed top. I have overturned the bag a few times and the tools stayed in place with the top closed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime"

I have the lc closed top. for me, the xl is too big. I also reccomend the closed top because it is rain proof.no more rusty tools

i have the LC, XL and the Xl-LT bags

i prefer to lightly pack the XL bag. More room and only the tools neccessary, allows room for me to carry some commonly used parts to the attic on first trip up, such as a sequencer, contactor, 5 and 7.5 capacitors
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I've had the LC for a couple of years. I'm still very happy with it. It's the perfect size. And it's definitely worth the money.

Get yourself a 10.8 or 12 volt compact driver, there will be plenty of room for it in the bag. Keep your instruments and accessories on one side, and hand tools on the other. Though I'm happy with the LC, I've thought about getting the laptop bag so that I can carry a laptop sized organizer for wire nuts, terminals, etc.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 02-19-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    I prefer to lightly pack the XL bag. More room and only the tools neccessary, allows room for me to carry some commonly used parts to the attic on first trip up, such as a sequencer, contactor, 5 and 7.5 capacitors
    I like this idea
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    I've had the LC for a couple of years. I'm still very happy with it. It's the perfect size. And it's definitely worth the money.

Get yourself a 10.8 or 12 volt compact driver, there will be plenty of room for it in the bag. Keep your instruments and accessories on one side, and hand tools on the other. Though I'm happy with the LC, I've thought about getting the laptop bag so that I can carry a laptop sized organizer for wire nuts, terminals, etc.

Exactly drop the protection for a laptop and have a space for a organizer and lower the price to a little higher than the xl not alot higher

is veto still wandering the forums?

I like the size of the XL over that of my LC.
    The down side for me is that I'm not a big guy and My LC weighs in at around 50lbs.
    I figure if I was carrying the XL it would weigh in at over 60lbs.

What ever happen to the HVAC bag Veto was asking imput about?

Think that thread was started a long time ago if I remember right. Looks like not much came of it.

Bueller... Bueller......?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertjn2000 View Post
    What ever happen to the HVAC bag Veto was asking imput about?

Think that thread was started a long time ago if I remember right. Looks like not much came of it.

Bueller... Bueller......?

Yes good question!

I suggested a backpack model or a backpack attachment for the guys who have to walk a half mile to check in at mall security and then walk a half mile to the roof hatch and then walk a half mile to get to the units on the roof etc.
    I have a well loaded LC around 40 pounds because my XL is just too freakin big to fit up through the ladder chutes and would weigh even more.
    Even with the loaded LC carried cross shoulder it is too much even for a large and strong guy to endure.
    So I went back to my Leather Specialties tool backpack even though I really liked the VETO.

Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    I like the size of the XL over that of my LC.
    The down side for me is that I'm not a big guy and My LC weighs in at around 50lbs.
    I figure if I was carrying the XL it would weigh in at over 60lbs.
    my XL weighs 37lbs fully loaded.

you're carrying too much crap lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

It is not possible to lightly load an xl.
    After a week or so they are full again and weight a ton, but i dont make trips to the truck either, i would like to try the smaller size just to see how much i could overload it too.

Hey i did finally find that new pack of sawzall blades in the bottom of my xl.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Sounds like the XL has the same DNA as a service truck bed........sharing the tendency to fill up with crap.

Jumbo tool bags are ok for closets, basements, and even roofs.

Attics and crawl spaces can pose a challenge, however

Had a guy lose his balance and step off a platform, putting his foot thru the ceiling last Friday. With that 200 lb tool bag he was toting, I can see why.

How many variations of flat head screwdrivers do you need, anyway?
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast