Darndest Thing Happened on the way to the rebuilders today .... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Refr Dude, thanks for the kind words of encouragement. But danged ... dont write such long posts ...... D4 and I are trying to get the record established. And your makin us look shabby!

I also miss the markets after a month, but the no nights and still being able to work on refrigeration and process chillers keeps me technically challenged enough.

R-12 I think if you moved to Connecticut you would find good wages and bennies here!

Originally posted by Freezeking2000
    R-12 I think if you moved to Connecticut you would find good wages and bennies here!
    I can do racks.
    I can work 480 live.
    ..and live.

I can wash my van.
    I can do the paperwork.
    I can find obscure locations of oput of town markets.
    I even do windows.

But I dont do snow drifts.
    And I dont do ice storms.
    And I dont do snow shovels.

Dont get me wrong... I like snow. I like to DRIVE to where the snow is and then play all day long in it! But then I like to drive AWAY and return HOME where there is little if any of the white fluffy substance.

I dont have a problem with ZERO degrees CELCIUS! But I do have a problem with ZERO degrees FARENHEIGHT!!!

That's WAAAYYY too cold for my blood! But thanks for the tip.

Hey 2479,
    Did you know Ross Cook? (southern Cal.)

I remember when Tyler closed up there, I know a couple Tyler techs down here that were real nervous. What a drag.

Originally posted by R12rules

I can do the paperwork.
    LOL. Then you are HIRED. You're probably the only one that can do this part of the job.

Too bad you're so feminine about weather.

Originally posted by condenseddave

I can do the paperwork.
    LOL. Then you are HIRED. You're probably the only one that can do this part of the job.

Too bad you're so feminine about weather.
    To me, a "white out" condition is when your alone at home with your wife and you pull the sheets over your head!
    A white out is NOT something you drive to work in.
    A white out is NOT something you hear about on the news and then decide it may not be a wise move to go do that one last call of the night.

I can drive on "black ice".
    I can drive thru that kind of fog that you can cut with a knife, if you have one Big Enough for the job.
    I can handle severe earth quakes.
    I can deal with Texas rain storms.

And I admit, though reluctantly, I am even getting used to this awful humidity.

And it's not like I cant handle the four seasons of this area.
    We have four very distinct seasons here which everyone recognises.

Dear Season
    Duck Season
    Dove Season &
    Turkey Season

And every other year, we have open season on Goats.

So dont give me none of this; "Your too fragile to work here!"

Heck, I've worked near Death Valley! If that aint hot enough for ya ... I've worked in Lost Angeles during the riots! And believe you me, that was plenty hot!!! Specially since I'm a white man!!!

Of course I can do the paperwork! Nobody gets paid unless the paperwork is in order. Many employees never understand that one small factoid!

You guys don't have a mating season!

I'm with you R-12, leave the snow up north, where it belongs. I can see the positive though. When the customer calls at ten P.M. and says "my ice cream is melting". Just tell them to turn off the store heat we'll be there in the morning.

When I see what your earning R-12, and how hard your working. I get very "bummed out". If you can hang on for a year or two in markets, you will be glad you did. You are learning very well.

As far as your feminine side goes. Your not really a sixteen year old girl from greenland or something, are you? Or is Dave just pulling your leg.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by NedFlanders
    Hey 2479,
    Did you know Ross Cook? (southern Cal.)

I remember when Tyler closed up there, I know a couple Tyler techs down here that were real nervous. What a drag.
    I never met any of the mechanics from down south. I did know some of the office people like John Ed (main computer guy) and Bob Oaks, who is now running the Hill branch here in the bay area. The L.A Branch took a beating twice. First with Edison Source, and then when Carrier bought Tyler. Too bad they were a class operation.

Is Edison Source still operating out of Anaheim?

I visited their plant a few years ago.

Is Edison Source still operating out of Anaheim?

I visited their plant a few years ago.

(1)Yeah goin' strong ( E.S Anaheim ) I used to work out of that branch

(2)Bob is my boss now....great guy , bad reputation , I hear about it on a weekly basis ....

Herer is what I am gonna tell you. Number one, with your prior refrigeration work experience, it should not take you all that long to get up to speed in supermarket work. But. You still need the experience of supermarket work, so that you can find a good job doing supermarket work. I would say put up with it for another 6 months. Grin and Bear it. Then, Go to another market company in your area and plead for a job.

It disgusts me hearing about the company your working for. And on average they are absolute opposite to most commercial supermarket contractors. Most have to pay thru the nose and with mucho bennies to attract the talent it requires.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by R12rules
    [B]The only trouble is, every outfit in the area works their men into the ground with night calls.
    It's the only thing I hate about markets.

This is why I changed jobs about a week ago. I loved market refrigeration, but I've worked 90+ hours since the end of March and I just couldn't do it anymore..It's not even really hot out yet. Prolly gave up my one shot a being in a market, but its just not worth it, I'll just work commercial again. R-12 good luck, definetely look for a new company, they're out there, but hard to get in the door with less than a year in a market. Everywhere around said 2 years, so I'm back on the streets..

Shawn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12