+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darndest Thing Happened on the way to the rebuilders today ....

Post Likes
    Originally posted by NedFlanders
    Hey 2479,
    Did you know Ross Cook? (southern Cal.)

I remember when Tyler closed up there, I know a couple Tyler techs down here that were real nervous. What a drag.
    I never met any of the mechanics from down south. I did know some of the office people like John Ed (main computer guy) and Bob Oaks, who is now running the Hill branch here in the bay area. The L.A Branch took a beating twice. First with Edison Source, and then when Carrier bought Tyler. Too bad they were a class operation.

Post Likes
    Is Edison Source still operating out of Anaheim?

I visited their plant a few years ago.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by R12rules
    Is Edison Source still operating out of Anaheim?

I visited their plant a few years ago.

(1)Yeah goin' strong ( E.S Anaheim ) I used to work out of that branch

(2)Bob is my boss now....great guy , bad reputation , I hear about it on a weekly basis ....

Post Likes
    Herer is what I am gonna tell you. Number one, with your prior refrigeration work experience, it should not take you all that long to get up to speed in supermarket work. But. You still need the experience of supermarket work, so that you can find a good job doing supermarket work. I would say put up with it for another 6 months. Grin and Bear it. Then, Go to another market company in your area and plead for a job.

It disgusts me hearing about the company your working for. And on average they are absolute opposite to most commercial supermarket contractors. Most have to pay thru the nose and with mucho bennies to attract the talent it requires.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by R12rules
    [B]The only trouble is, every outfit in the area works their men into the ground with night calls.
    It's the only thing I hate about markets.

This is why I changed jobs about a week ago. I loved market refrigeration, but I've worked 90+ hours since the end of March and I just couldn't do it anymore..It's not even really hot out yet. Prolly gave up my one shot a being in a market, but its just not worth it, I'll just work commercial again. R-12 good luck, definetely look for a new company, they're out there, but hard to get in the door with less than a year in a market. Everywhere around said 2 years, so I'm back on the streets..

Shawn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in