+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Capping out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    At my old place of employment, before I went on my lonesome, I reached the maximum pay scale. It was a bummer because I enjoyed working there. For me there was no ambition left and I started to become bored after 2 years with no raises. I still talk to the owner and his son once and a while because I did leave on good terms. There was just nothing keeping me there. Any of you guys had this happen?

Post Likes
    I think for any worker in any job there has to be incentives that want to make you try harder to be your best.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    what do you mean topped out?? they can always sweeten your deal. did you tell them you thought you deserved a little more.?? i have seen plenty of companies spending dollars to same their dimes..
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    I hear ya. It was a small company though. My impression is that he was advised by the accountant what the limitations are as far as pay. I capped at 22/hr plus 10% commission on parts and equipment. When things got slow in installation, it was like pulling teeth to get my service commission check. Peace.

Post Likes
    If a bean counter was involved then the hourly wage amount was probably the issue.But there are other incentives- more time off, gas in personal cars,cell phones, gift certificates and or paid vacations trips. They could work these so it would be tax-free to you. So that would get you even more benefits from them. ie.-40.00 dollars a week in gas is more than a dollar a hour on your gross salary. Plus they would not have to match FICA. Hope that BIG BROTHER is reading this!

Post Likes
    Sounds to me like you had a nice job. 10% of wholesale, retail or entire job cost? Considering the headaches of self-employment I hope you don't someday regret your move. There is of course a certain satisfaction that comes with self-employment and living the American dream and all that. Best of luck to you.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in