Help installing new rheem fan motor.

Hey, I am just wondering if anyone could give me a step by step on how to hook up my new fan motor. I was a dummy and didn't pay attention to how the old motor was hooked up. I have a protech 1/5 motor. My old motor had 3 wires and the new motor has 5 wires (black, purple, yellow, brown, orange). I also have a red jumper on the large capacitor which i know jumpers to the small capacitor. Also i have a orange jumper coming off the contactor which is contacting with a red wire coming from the compressor and a purple wire coming from the compressor. The wiring diagram i have is just confusing me and doesn't show how the compressor wire and other orange lead would hook up. I have looked and looked and cant find a complete wiring explanation of a fan motor. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Quote Originally Posted by blueaccord19 View Post
    Hey, I am just wondering if anyone could give me a step by step on how to hook up my new fan motor. I was a dummy and didn't pay attention to how the old motor was hooked up. I have a protech 1/5 motor. My old motor had 3 wires and the new motor has 5 wires (black, purple, yellow, brown, orange). I also have a red jumper on the large capacitor which i know jumpers to the small capacitor. Also i have a orange jumper coming off the contactor which is contacting with a red wire coming from the compressor and a purple wire coming from the compressor. The wiring diagram i have is just confusing me and doesn't show how the compressor wire and other orange lead would hook up. I have looked and looked and cant find a complete wiring explanation of a fan motor. I would greatly appreciate any help.
    You mite want to ask whoever sold you the motor for help.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Do you work in HVAC field.

Lord I'm so sorry........but you're screwed......you might be able to call a legit company to send a pro, but if you go any further I can smell it burn up from here...

Read the rules no DIY........

"Value our Differences"

No i do not...i actually do marine electrical, but this is a lot different than marine electrical. Sorry if this is strictly a hvac pros site, but just seeking help so i can get this stupid thing hooked up and get my ac back working. I have looked everywhere and haven't been able to find anything with a complete description, just the same wiring diagram i already have. I have an idea about how to hook it up, but just confused about having two capacitors and which wires go to the run capacitor and start capacitor. Yeh i might email the guy that i bought the motor from, just thought maybe someone on here might have done this before.

Quote Originally Posted by stephy View Post
    Lord I'm so sorry........but you're screwed......you might be able to call a legit company to send a pro, but if you go any further I can smell it burn up from here...

Read the rules no DIY........

Yeh thats why i havent gone any further...sorry didnt read that rule. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blueaccord19 View Post
    Please read our rules, no detailed DIY.

Mod Team
    Last edited by k-fridge; 04-26-2011 at 08:17 PM.

There is a wiring diagram on the motor and the unit.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

How many brown wires are there......
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Please read the rules, No DIY allowed.

Thread closed. To the OP, hope you get it worked out. You really should call a pro. Good luck.

Mod Team
    Last edited by k-fridge; 04-26-2011 at 09:11 PM.