Union Problems - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Union Problems

I hear this thing about, "I'll never let a Union Represent me". I am telling you. It's not all like this big political thing. Talk your talk if you must, but when I hear that, I myself think, that you don't truly get the real way it is in a trade union. Not a UAW or Teamsters or whatever. A union that focuses on the trades. UA, IBEW, ect. The average good tradesman. A guy who is a worthwhile guy. A guy who is knowledgeable. He makes more bones as a union guy overall. And also there are a few non union guys who also make a good living. Really truly read what I spoke of in that long post. If you a tech working in the feild and are good, you'll make more money, you'll get more bennies, you'll see more oppurtunity to train yourself to move ahead. Oppurtunity is abound for you if your good, union or non union. But you will make more money in the union.

My biggest thing about this is this. I looked real deep into the UA as an employer. I have many good freinds in the UA and I have some decent realtionships of Signatory Contractors of the UA. I seen a lot of what I talk about in my above posts with my own two eyes. For the contractor, for the technician, for the betterment of the trade, it's a good thing.

I hear all this banter of this is evil and thats whats wrong with America and all that. Your trade union is fighting to keep work here in the USA, the trade unions are fighting for your money. And when I say they, I truly mean, the tech and his contractor. You all got to understand this is not a union of workers only. Many contractors who are union contractors choose to be. There not forced to like you all seem to think. The UA's standpoint is, we got this, this and this. Do you want to become a part of it.

Before anyone here comments any more, do me a quick favor. Simply ask around, check it out. Really research it. The UA, the IBEW, the Plumbers, you guys have no idea how hard "They" ( Contractors and their employees) are fighting for us to remain a valid and good option to overseas, to a good wage, to a benefit package that allows you to take care of your family's needs. Just check it out before you knock it is all I am saying. You might surprize yourself. I, personally was floored and am now trying to take steps to become UA.

You all compalin of hacks, and you all complain of side job idiots and Home Depot and everything under the sun. The Trades Unions are in complete agreement. They are on your side. And another thing, just like non union. If you suck, or your lazy or your a bad apple, you won't work, thus you won't earn the benefits. No different than non union. I will go further. If you suck, you won't work as a union guy. It cost a contractor too much coin to have your rates paid if you aint worth it. It is as simple as it gets. Plus, since he is union usually, he'll see you and see how unproductive you might be and see his own benefits he pays into go down cause your milking it. If you suck, you don't work.

The anti-union attitude has been drilled into the American workers brain. This has been done very effectively. No one seems to notice the fact that as the American unions declined, so did American wages.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123