Thread: Church Job

Got called to see why it was leaking water through ceiling. Safety pan in place and draining. Evap. coil drain fitting broken out of pan. Unit pulling 17.5 amps., 78° OD. 72° ID. suction line 58°. Coil not frozen and unit cooling. Indoor unit hard to service too. . . .
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Dem new 410 gauges and pressures looks jes lik the ones I have, and I only fool wit 22...

Im confused..... You have a 410a unit, R22 gauges and pressures, what am i missing here?

R22 guages

Thats the pressures it was running and those are not 410 guages. Don't you love which side of the AH they left with the most service room (the back side) they forgot to flip the coil and just kept installing it. Indoor and outdoor sections are 410 installed at the same time. They used the old line set to. Gas in system doesn't smell like 22 either. Compressor is a ZP scroll so it has poly in it. No permit or inspection either. Water runs out of air handler into safety pan and out drain line. Installed by dealer for the brand equipment used.

Aren't you afraid of your 22 gauges blowin up on a 410a system?

Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    Aren't you afraid of your 22 gauges blowin up on a 410a system?
    Didn't know it was 410 till I got there. Started with highside on low side of system to keep from trashing my low side guage. Now I'm more concerned about the customer and the job they paid for.

SWEET!! Sounds like some one envented a new ref. on the job. I think it is called R-41022JA. The JA is jacka$$

We got plenty of that 410 out there now. Even in some of our track homes.

The stuff breaks down just the same.

I wonder how MORE EXPENSIVE the repairs are going to be once we get them breaking down more? The Puron stuff cost twice what we charge for 22.

As for gauges, I use the CPS brand gauges.
    They go up to 300 on the low, 800 on the high.

Oh, and our replacement division swaps in 410 systems too. I've seen several where they did like the above install. Too f**king lazy to flip the coil so you get to crawl over the thing into the insulation to access the blower, coil, etc!

[Edited by PaysonHVAC on 06-07-2004 at 10:14 PM]

Originally posted by PaysonHVAC
    We got plenty of that 410 out there now. Even in some of our track homes.

The stuff breaks down just the same.

I wonder how MORE EXPENSIVE the repairs are going to be once we get them breaking down more? The Puron stuff cost twice what we charge for 22.

As for gauges, I use the CPS brand gauges.
    They go up to 300 on the low, 800 on the high.

Oh, and our replacement division swaps in 410 systems too. I've seen several where they did like the above install. Too f**king lazy to flip the coil so you get to crawl over the thing into the insulation to access the blower, coil, etc!

[Edited by PaysonHVAC on 06-07-2004 at 10:14 PM]
    Well they could have done one like I saw yesterday set the air handler with the blower and evaporator coil access doors on the bottom. I think it should be mandatory that installers service what they install.

I did one in an attic last week, 1 year old just out of installers warranty period, leaking and they were complaining about the noise.

the unit blocked half the access hatch and is set between the trusses so you can't get into it anywhere without cutting a truss. They had cut the side out of the FAU and installed it right to the RA can with screws. Sad thing is there isn't any room to change it or install it any better than what they have. The only thing they can really to is cut the ceiling out, pull the unit and install a package unit on the roof. I fixed the leak, gave them a price for a unit on the roof and they said they were going to have the people that installed it make it right.................. sure why not they did such a good job the first time around.