TWILIGHT ZONE CUSTOMERS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hope he didnt come back the next week for a wood chipper!
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Originally posted by usaf hvac retired
    I did a no heat call last winter and found the gas valve in the off position. When I showed the home owner, he got all mad and started cursing his resident "ghost". He swore that the lights, stereo and water often turn on and off by themselves. That didnt bother him, but he was mad because it was the first time that the "ghost" had actually cost him money.
    Went to look at a house to give a bid at replacing the furnance. It was an old house up on the side of a mountain. During the course of the conversation the guy tells me about how his brother got struck and killed by lightning right were I was standing in the kitchen door.

Then he proceeds to tell me that at night the dead brother comes back to the kitchen . The dead guy drops his boots on the kitchen floor and this wakes up the living brother. Then he tells me, "I just yell down to him--'go away you son-of-a *****, you are dead."

I bid that job really HIGH and I didn't get it. The home owner was spooky but not stupid.

[Edited by benncool on 06-10-2004 at 01:05 PM]

You guys ever run into sex on the call?
    I have had some experiences.
    (this happened to me when I was younger and lighter)
    One time I was cleaning a plugged drain line and had my head burried in the cabinet, when I backed out of the closet, I backed right onto an old lady with her bath robe undone, man she had to be two inches behind me. AFTER TURNING AROUND AND SEEING A VERY OLD BODY.....I screamed oh my God! she got real embarrassed and said she just stepped out of the shower and forgot her robe was open. Man I cleaned that drain checked for freon, then shot out of there like an over pressured system!

Another time this younger but still old lady tells me she is having a problem keeping it cool in her bedroom, asks if I can check the air flow, she has all her bra's and panties spread out all across the bed, then I hear a bump at the bedroom window, when I walk over to check there is this guy next door bee-lining-it back to his house. I tell HER, I think this guy was peeping, she says she knows he does it all the time. I go OK, there is no airflow problem and I am getting a good supply temp. Before leaving I check for proper charge and the old dude who was peeping comes over and tells me how lose the lady is and I should make a move!
    Man I beat it out of there as well.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

[Edited by secorp on 06-10-2004 at 01:15 PM]
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

One for the commercial guys

Worked in a bar last week. Across the top of the inside entrance, on the bottom of the star of Texas, and across the wall, numerous 666's were displayed. This was mid-afternoon with no customers there. To top it off the dejays were playing satanical rock songs. Some lyrics, " You will sacrifice yourself, I will take you under, You have no will". I told the dispatcher the next morning that she could run her calls when they involved "devil worship".

Oh god lady left message looks like I got this one. Have to think how much I really wanna earn my money if nothing comes in looks like I will be entering the Twilight Zone.

Sex calls .... the only problem is the ones that wanted it I did not want it with.... but I try not to mix that up with work although when I was younger I did discount a job for a stripper and her lover/girlfriend for "airbalancing" their bed with them.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12