Siemens BACnet/IP (BACstac) buffer setting

I have a Siemens insight system that is offering up data to a third party device via a BACnet server and BACstac. However, a couple of times a month the processes on the PC lock up -- I'm sure we are hitting some sort of resource limitation given the high number of points (5k+)

I heard there was a buffer setting that needed to be made or increased and that it would raise the ceiling of the limitation. But I did not get enough details to implement it.

Does anyone know what 'buffers' need to be set or increased to handle the high number of points without lockup?

Thanks in advance

I believe it is a registry change under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Cemetrics/BACstack, when I can confirm I will post it.

Thanks!

if you can confirm, that would be great. is it a binary value (yes/no) or a buffer size setting?

Quote Originally Posted by WillyTech View Post
    I believe it is a registry change under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Cemetrics/BACstack, when I can confirm I will post it.
    All of the settings are under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\BACstac\Parameters

...but I'm not certain which one would pertain to this particular issue. Also, I've seen BACstac serve 2-3 times that number of points without issue. Is there enough system memory?

Quote Originally Posted by ntech64 View Post
    All of the settings are under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\BACstac\Parameters

...but I'm not certain which one would pertain to this particular issue. Also, I've seen BACstac serve 2-3 times that number of points without issue. Is there enough system memory?
    Good question. that was my first question, and I can't say that it is running out of system memory. but I do think it's running into a memory ceiling somewhere... and I heard about the buffers.

bump.

any new or more complete information on the buffer setting for BACstac?

If I knew the registry key for the buffers, I could ask the client to check curent value... but I'm unsure as to the name of the key.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Found this in the BACstac Installation Guide (see attached). I was only able to make sense of some of them... but it looks like there might be some settings buried in there that could help.
    Attached Images Attached Images