Bohn McDonalds Beacon cooler - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Changed out compressor this morning. Coolin like a champ. Thanks all for the pointers.

Now the question remaining is this; what killed the old compressor?

It sounds like you had a broken piston or rod. It sounds like it could pump only on one side and not the other.

You dont have to question why it went down. We just do so here cause this leads to making the system right ... rather than just making the system run!

A hack can often times make a system run, but not ever make any system right.

We all know and have met waaaay too many hacks. That's one of the best parts about this forum community. We can share information.

I exhort you to dig in and learn the reasons behind the murder of your last compressor. Seriously.
    Unless of course, you already know.

Exclamation

is the suction pressure really 80 psi or am i reading your info wrong.???

Talking

sorry did not read page 2 of the posted thread. dumb a** me.

I agree with R12. you need to find the cause for the dead comp. could be bad sensors and or control on the electric txv. that is where i would start.

Having serviced the MacBeacon units regularly for the last 15 years, I would like to give you guys a heads up. Any service on these units should start with removal and ohm the thermistors in ice water. 32,650 ohm. Promise this is where most of the problems start, goes double with the Beacon 1. The condensers are very hard to clean. Keep after it from the inside, ain't no fun, I know. If the boxes Mac unit gets shut off at the breaker, for delivery or inventory, the EEV remains open, liquid migrates to evap, then when power is returned the undersized accumulator is overwhelmed slugging the compressor. On the low-temp scrolls, liquid washes the oil from edges of scroll and scores the plates that seal the edges. If turning off at breaker, turn back on right after turning off. This closes the EEV, doesn't pump down, but at least the valve is closed...

Hi John and welcome to the site. You might want to introduce yourself in the new member forum. Get your post count up and apply for PRO membership.
    Vince

Why is superheat 1 degree at coil and colder at the condensing unit. Sight glass might normally show a few bubbles in this case under normal conditions. Is Compressor should be pulling rated load. These units will reduce super heat to counter for high compressor discharge sensor reading.

Also this thread is going on 10 years old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12