Question Several birds with one stone? Drinking water well and geothermal?

Planted about 20 trees around my cookie cutter subdivision home that was placed in an old hay field. So I am using $$ water per month.

Also the builder cut corners and mismatched the heat pump and air handler. System works but not perfect.

Now that uncle Sam is offering a 30% rebate on the total cost of geothermal and I need cheap drinking/irrigation well, what can be the most cost effective?

Middle Georgia. Moist clay soil 1/2 mile from a very huge lake. 1400sqft house on an unfinished basement. Outside heat pump all electric with air handler in the attic. Vents are run through the attic.

A nearby well company charges 9.00 per foot on well drilling, for drinking water wells.

I have room to run what ever system I needed and can rent backhoe or trenchers to save labor. But I thought a one hole well could knock out both requirements for water and geo purpose as well as take advantage of tax rebate.

well water

You have three things to consider when using a well.

1 water quality
    2 water quantity
    3 where the water goes after it leaves the GSHP

Some people drill a second "return" well to deal with #3.

An open loop system can be very efficient if designed properly.

We do a lot of standing column wells in our area. Since we do multiple systems and 2-stage products, we're using variable speed well pumps and yes, it's easy to branch off for domesting and/or irrigation. We have to test every well when it's drilled but not to potable water standards. It's another $$ to test to that level. Definitely not a deal breaker. And if you find some sort of anomaly in the water, it may be something that can be solved with a water softener of some sort. BTB we drill into bedrock and plan on 120-feet per ton as the norm.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!