Thread: Spotts

Spotts I have an Amana question for ya.

I went to look at a GUCA070 furnace yesterday. Someone installed a Skuttle humidifier on it. Well the HO said that the furnace wasn't working. So I look at it and 3 flashes are coming from the control board. Thats telling me a pressure switch is not closed. The Inducer motor is not running at all. I checked for power from the control mod to the motor and it's not sending any juice to it.

What I'm confused on is why the control board is not telling me why the inducer is not working. This is the first thing to come on in the furnace.

This type of furnace has tabs on the control board for the humidifier so when the inducer motor runs power is sent to the humidifier. Is it possible that the humidifier shorted out the board. I also disconnected the humidifier and still nothing.

Thanks

[Edited by itsamine on 06-08-2004 at 07:44 AM]
    Not what it use to be

Could still be the press. switch is

defective but it sounds like the board has become confused.
    CXould also be a defective inducer motor. Did you confirm voltage or lack of to it?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Yes I confirmed lack of voltage to it. Cause when I jump out the motor it works. The inducer does not come on right away to operate the psi switch. when i jumped the inducer the switches worked.
    Not what it use to be

Yea then.

The board.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Yeah I just replaced it and it works fine. Thanks
    Not what it use to be