Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hussman

Hussman

Do you guys know where I can get a manual for a Protocol

M# PV06SK-LSLSLSLSLSLS

I got called out to work on one of these today and found NO condenser motors running. Disconnected power to check fuses. Powered up the unit and it ran great. I really don't like problems like these could use some help.

What was the head pressure? was it greater than 215? did you put on your gauges and see if they agreed with the display on the controller?

What I'm getting at is: was the problem that the fans weren't running, or was the problem something else that was causing low head pressure so there was no need for fans.

any error messages on the controller?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    http://www.hussmann.com/ServiceAndPa...formation.aspx

Look here.

Good luck, Protocols aren't the best idea that Hussmann ever had.
    I've installed 20 or more protocols and really like them. The cheap CPC built controller is complete garbage though. I haven't seen one of those controllers in 4 years now. Everything since then has an E2 or 4K on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mspanky View Post
    I've installed 20 or more protocols and really like them. The cheap CPC built controller is complete garbage though. I haven't seen one of those controllers in 4 years now. Everything since then has an E2 or 4K on it.
    I'm sorry.

I was under the impression that 'cheap CPC built controller' was part and parcel of the protocol concept.

I retract my statement. Mechanically, the equipment is sound, but the controller....

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm sorry.

I was under the impression that 'cheap CPC built controller' was part and parcel of the protocol concept.

I retract my statement. Mechanically, the equipment is sound, but the controller....
    Controller is the customer's choice.

The HUssmann PCS is obsolete now, but I heard they're coming out with a something like that again, I would assume it may be a no frills E2 type thing

here it is in all her glory haha

[IMG][/IMG]
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Thanks Guys,

The protocol I was working on is pre-pcs controller. There website only has pcs controller manual.

It maybe the same thing as the pcs unit but there is nothing digital about the unit I was working on.

It has lights on the boards. Main board then 2 expansion boards.

Hussmann Protocols - No compressors running

I work on these all the time. Sometimes when I have had no compressors running I change the Phase monitor out and it solves the problem. The bigger problem is the controller (CPC Einstein E2) doesn't tell you that it has failed. It's a flaw in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by traverse tech View Post
    Thanks Guys,

The protocol I was working on is pre-pcs controller. There website only has pcs controller manual.

It maybe the same thing as the pcs unit but there is nothing digital about the unit I was working on.

It has lights on the boards. Main board then 2 expansion boards.
    you need the hand held to plug into it.

supposed to be left with protocol

protocols suck , working on one today and the damn hand held was so dim i could barely read it. That is all....lol

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by neumonic View Post
    protocols suck , working on one today and the damn hand held was so dim i could barely read it. That is all....lol
    wrong statement.... protocols are great, its just your controller that sux! lol
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast