stow pack

Thread: stow pack

Has anyone ever heard of a stow pack air conditioner? It was made by Stewart Warner. I had a friend run up on one of these and he said it was the neatest thing he had ever worked on.

Home is Azle Texas, work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.
    I would think that it was an old one. Stewert Warner and then Borg Warner and somewheres in there York came along,Or was that just a bad dream or do I remember things wrong ?
    Life as an adult is much like life in kindergarten - If I make it through the day without crying or hitting some one, then it was a good day!

i seem to remember a package unit in the attic with a 10 inch or so exaust for condenser air that we used to call a stove pack, but that was 20 years ago, only saw 2.
    In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King! semper fi

Originally posted by hvac4u
    i seem to remember a package unit in the attic with a 10 inch or so exaust for condenser air that we used to call a stove pack, but that was 20 years ago, only saw 2.

One of the biggest pain in the a$$es that ever came from a nightmare. Lots of fun cleaning the condensers or for that matter any part of them. From what I remember I believe they were made in the late 60's and only had a short life span on the market. Most fun was when the insulators filled them up with cellulose.