+ Reply to Thread

Thread: student needs info

Post Likes
    Hi,
    I am currently a student in a residential planning program, and one of this week's assignments is to gather information on the various types of HVAC units which are commonly used in the South East region, and to compare them in regards to their pros, and the problems which you may experience with each. If anyone is willing to provide information on this subject, I would really appreciate it.
    Thank you,
    Leslie.

Post Likes
    i'm an HVAC teacher, I think its great your school gives assignments like this!
    Types of Residential Equipment in the South East:
    Heat Pump- economical, cheaper to operate than resistant heat, also does the cooling.

LP & Natrual Gas fired forced air furnaces: great if fuel prices are low and A/C can be added on for air conditioning

Oil Furnace: same as gas but last longer and uses Type 2 fuel or desiel, A/C can be added on for cooling

Window Units or Packaged Terminal Air Conditioning: good for small areas that need cooling and heating all electric.

Ductless Split Systems: relatively new, but are being used more and more because they do not require duct work. Does cooling & heating.

Problems- Most problems come from improper installation of these systems, but the biggest is electrical components failure. These units that cool require refrigerant to remove heat from the area that you want to control the temperature. So they can develope leaks, this is a common problem.

I hope this helps. You asked a brod question and the answer could be 100 pages long if I had the time. Good Luck!

Post Likes
    Thanks so much for the info. This definitely helps.
    -Leslie

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in